3 months ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with GE Aviation!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Sr Program Management Manager will lead the cross functional team to deliver on all program(s) deliverables within the terms and conditions of the contract and business case.
Additionally, as the Sr Program Management Manager, your responsibilities will include:
* All contract performance related activities, tied to customer(s) or program(s)
* Perform as interface between the customer and the internal business team, managing the transfer of information and requests
* Assure timely resolution of issues, keep the customer advised of the progress of the program, and negotiate changes, variations, solutions to issues
* Responsible for adherence to contract service, operations, and performance specifications, as well as financial & technical metrics specific to contract
* May also support proposal and negotiations
* Participates in discussions about the future of the business requiring frequent and thorough interaction with other functions
* Develops the year plan for of the larger unit
* Presents product / program strategies, technical roadmaps, risks and recommendations to senior leads (EB and SEB) across GEImportant business unit clients
* Complex processes requiring involvement of many stakeholders both at the client side and internally
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in Program Management
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT :
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
* Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects
* Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs
* Established project management skills
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE Aviation Mechanical Systems - located in the Loves Park section of Rockford has been producing high-quality aerospace products since 1937. Product lines include electrically and pneumatically actuated pneumatic valves, electronic temperature controls, linear and rotary electromechanical actuators, high-performance fans and blowers as well as comprehensive air and thermal management systems. Our products and systems are used globally on commercial jetliners, fighters, transports, drones, missiles, helicopters, UAVs, and marine applications. Learn more about our area!
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Locations: United States; Illinois; Loves Park
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.