10 months ago
Sr. Product Support Engineer
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 53516BR Date posted 09/11/City Phoenix
Provides technical support to internal and external customers (airlines, OEM’s, MROs, and other UTAS groups).
* Reviews, analyzes, and responds to technical inquiries from external customers in accordance with company policy and industry norms, and promotes sales and UTAS Service Centers to customers.
* Provides product support services to internal customers (Service Centers, Business Development, Engineering, etc.)
* Drafts Service Bulletins and Service Newsletters, drafts training and information materials, reviews technical publications, and creates and maintains Product Support documentation.
* Investigates deployments and writes any associated reports
* Analyzes support levels for technical issues, develops plans and manages process to resolution, coordinating and working with any departments affected. Ensures adequate support levels for Service Bulletin modification programs.
* Analyzes in-service data for product reliability and to proactively determine where improvements are needed.
* Performs engineering dispositions, conducts failure analyses, and drafts investigation reports.
* Reviews damage reports and drafts repair schemes.
* Represents Product Support on interdepartmental teams.
* Conducts visits to airlines and Service Centers as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Previous experience with evacuation slides preferred
* Previous experience working with commercial aviation regulatory agencies (FAA/EASA), OEMs, and Airlines.
* Ability to read and understand technical manuals, drawings, specifications, reports, etc.
* ACE Associate preferred
* Good project management, organizational and prioritization skills.
* Good interpersonal and customer skills.
* Good written and verbal skills.
* Good negotiating skills.
Working Conditions – Physical requirements and environment
* Office environment
* Ability to work extra hours including nights/weekends/holidays if required.
* Domestic and International travel up to 15%.
Requires a BS degree in Engineering (Mechanical Preferred), and at least 3 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.