4 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Get onboard the UTC Aerospace Operations and Supply Chain team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. Operations and Supply Chain employees have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality, and efficiency of our operations worldwide.
UTC Aerospace Systems is one of the world's largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products and is a unit of United Technologies Corporation, a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
The Sr. Operations Quality Engineer will drive quality engineering during assembly and test of electronic controllers used in aircraft applications.
* Perform initial product quality planning.
* Review non-conforming material management and disposition appropriately.
* Drive PPAP and new product readiness review participation.
* Perform data analysis and reporting.
* Drive audit facilitation.
* Ensure product delivery and conformity.
* Direct customer interface.
* Review corrective and preventive action plans for completeness.
Qualification: Basic Qualifications:
* 5+ years of experience in an engineering/technical-focused role is required.
* Experience working within an AS9100 or regulatory environment (aerospace, automotive, or medical industries)
* ACE Associate certification and/or equivalent demonstrated knowledge and successful application of tools and techniques relating to Process Certification, Relentless Root Cause Analysis, Mistake-proofing, standard work, and reduction of quality escapes.
* Proficiency in SAP is required; (experience with SAP QIM – Quality Issue Management is preferred)
* Adept in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
* Six Sigma Black Belt certification is a plus.
* Proven ability to facilitate process improvement/defect reduction events—preferably utilizing a D.I.V.E. methodology.
* Strong organizational and planning skills with proven ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
* Ability to be self-motivated and driven.
* Demonstrated interpersonal skills, and capability to work within a team environment, as well as the ability to mentor and lead associates, as needed.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Quality Assurance, or related field is required.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.