10 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Today, the fully integrated landing systems we design, test and manufacture help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely. But we aren’t satisfied with today’s success. Our global Landing Systems team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
Our Landing Systems Business Unit designs, tests and manufactures a wide range of fully integrated landing systems. Our innovative solutions include lighter-weight, high-strength materials; more electric technologies; DURACARB® carbon friction material; EDL® extended life configurations; and innovative gear and wheel design.
Our location in Miami Gardens, Florida has an opening for an experienced Sr. NDT Technician (2nd Shift). The successful candidate must be familiar with shop equipment operation, related, maintenance, with the ability to evaluate and exercise appropriate judgment.
* Performs technical/ inspection functions pertaining to the aircraft component overhaul process.
* Performs cleaning and inspection of aircraft components according to customers specifications, airworthiness directives, applicable manufacturers CMM guidelines and UTC operating procedures.
* Performs non-nondestructive inspection (NDI) based on qualifications.
* Maintains current knowledge of and complies with customer/Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)/Joint Aviation Administration (JAA) technical data as applicable to the work assigned.
* Maintains proper segregation and identification of components in progress.
* Completes all required documentation in accordance with established procedures.
* Engages and supports the organization's Continuous Improvement (ACE) activities.
* Supports cross-training initiatives at the site.
* This position is considered safety sensitive in accordance with FAA Guidelines. Candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per FAA’s regulation 14 CFR part 120, as well as 49 CFR part 40.
* Minimum two years mechanical experience and ability to attain required operating certifications
* Experience with NDT.
* Strong mechanical aptitude.
* Ability to read and write English, understand component maintenance manuals and all other applicable technical documents.
* Must be able to write descriptive statements about noted conditions while performing inspections.
* Familiarity with shop equipment operation and related maintenance.
* Must be able to articulate and understand verbal and written instructions.
* Requires the ability to self-evaluate work and exercise judgment.
* Must be able to work with little or no supervision.
* Associates degree or other 2-year post high school training.
* 6 years of relevant experience including Landing Systems.
* Liquid Penetrant and Magnetic Particle Inspection.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* FAA Repair Station Certificate and/or A&P License
* NDT Certification in FPI and MPI a plus.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.