6 months ago
Sr. MRB Engineer
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 58180BR Date posted 12/14/City Foley
Every second, a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. UTC Aerospace Systems (UTAS) designs, manufactures and integrates nacelles, thrust reversers, pylons and flight control surfaces for commercial and military aircraft. The Original Equipment Manufacturing (OEM) facility in Foley, Alabama, performs final assembly of Thrust Reversers, Pylons, Inlet Cowls, Exhaust Nozzles, Wire Harnesses and performs Engine Build Up. Our facility is one of Industry Week magazine’s 2016 Best Plants in North America! We are currently expanding our facility and seeking employees who are excited to be a part of our team! Apply today!
These statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel in this job. Other duties may be assigned based on business needs.
Responsible for MRB Engineering approval for preparing dispositions for product nonconformance to restore the aircraft structure to meet the intent of the certified design.
Provide Materials Review Board support for designed components, coordinate activities between production, manufacturing and design engineering.
Regularly interface with both clients and manufacturing to clarify and provide engineering input during the manufacturing process (position requires coordination with MRB Stress, Design Engineering, Leadership, support and shop personnel to resolve manufacturing and design problems).
Coordinate with MRB Stress, Design Engineering, Leadership, support and shop personnel to resolve manufacturing and design problems.
Promote and sustain the principles of ACE/Continuous Improvement.
Other duties as assigned.
* Intermediate/advanced computer skills.
* Working knowledge of metallic and/or composite structures and mechanical fastening systems.
* Advanced problem solving skills.
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Demonstrated project or liaison engineering skills.
* Ability to read and understand blueprints and specifications.
Knowledge/Interpretation of technical data.
* Knowledge of EEPs preferred.
* Must be able to work effectively in a cross-functional, multi-disciplined team and have demonstrated time management skills in order to handle multiple priorities.
* Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Ability to provide verification of US Citizenship or permanent residency to satisfy ITAR/EAR restrictions.
* Must read, write, speak & understand the English language.
* Ability to work under stress, common deadlines, and under pressure.
* Ability to work cooperatively with supervisors, co-workers, customers, and others in a team environment displaying mutual trust and respect.
* Ability to be regular and predictable in attendance.
* Ability to sit, stand, walk, reach, twist, climb, crouch, stoop, kneel, and lift up to 35 pounds.
* Ability to use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): safety glasses with side shields, hearing protection, and other PPE as needed.
* Must be able to work varying shifts, including but not limited to nights, weekends, holidays, rotating shifts, and overtime as required.
* Ability to work in a constant state of alertness.
* Ability to follow rules and policies of the company.
BA/BS Engineering (Mechanical/Aerospace) w/4-7+ years experience
MA/MS Engineering w/2+ years experience
Masters degree preferred (Mechanical/Aerospace)
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.