10 months ago
Sr. Mission Planner
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 54866BR Date posted 10/27/City Westford
Do you have what it takes to push the boundaries of game-changing technologies, deliver results while working with a diverse team of talented individuals, and challenge yourself knowing that what we do matters to the Warfighter? Are you Mission Ready? This job is for you!
We at ISR & Space Systems are world leaders in high altitude electro-optical sensors, employed by the U.S. and foreign military in time critical intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance operations. Our passion for supporting the Warfighters and their mission demands excellence in everything we do, from the talent we recruit to the highly-engineered systems we deliver. We value people, integrity, ideas and performance. This position offers exciting opportunity to grow technically and broaden capabilities while proudly contributing to unique state of the art solutions that truly make a difference.
UTC Aerospace Systems has an opening for an Airborne ISR Sensor Operator with experience in operational air borne ISR sensor planning and execution.
This position will report to the Manager of Flight Test and Collateral Support and will be a key contributor to the team and will be tasked with developing program, platform and sensor specific mission and sensorplans and coordinating collections before, during and after flight tests to ensure internal and external customer collection requirements are satisfied.
The responsibilities of this position include:
* Direct interaction with internal flight test coordination, program management and engineering teams to compile flight test objectives and create objectives-based sensor plans designed to satisfy flight test requirements.
* Interface with government and associate contractor coordinators to ensure compliance with regulations and policies associated with flight test collections.
* Direct interaction with AF-DCGS users/operators, the operational and developmental test and evaluation communities and various other DOD customers in support of our sensors' flight test and operational activities.
* Design, develop and deploy collections/sensor planning TTP's based on customer needs and flight test experience with sensors.
* Support various programs and projects relating to the effective employment of our EO/IR/MSI, SAR and FMV sensors and ensuring sensor planning TTP's are developed and tested in support of customer requirements.
* Provide UTAS specific sensor and generic "sensor-agnostic" planningexpertise to various government funded as well as internal research and development projects.
* Interface with UTAS embedded customer support teams to provide quality assurance and SME input to operational and experimental collections activities.
* Create and present training materials to various customers with technical expertise and experience, ranging from basic to subject matter experts.
* Support business development efforts, particularly those involving sensor operation and planning, collections and requirements expertise.
This position offers:
* Opportunity to help develop and deploy the tools and technologies that provide our warfighters and decision makers with the intelligence information they need, when and where they needed it.
* Opportunity to be part of the team pushing the technological envelope and advancing the art of the possible for air borne ISR collections systems.
* Exciting opportunity to play a critical role in a highly dynamic, mission focused multidiscipline engineering team.
* Extraordinary growth and learning potential from subject matter experts in every technical and operational specialty related to ISR operations, design, engineering and management.
* A chance to be part of the best team of people doing one of, if not, the coolest job in ISR today.
Required Skills: Airborne Sensor/Mission Planning, requirements and collections management, mission planning and execution, Common Sensor Planner (CSP), Enterprise Collection Planner (ECP), JMPS/AFMSS, AF-DCGS systems and operations, Google Earth/Other GIS Visualization tools, Socet GXP Security Plus (or Higher) Certification, MS-Office (esp. Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Preferred Skills: Unix and Linux systems operation and administration experience preferred. Flight test (engineering, developmental and operational) experience preferred.
Competencies Required: Outstanding verbal and written communications skills. Strong presentation preparation and delivery experience. Ability to working in small multidisciplinary engineering and operations teams in rapidly evolving environments and dynamic situations.
Must be U.S. Citizen. In addition, this position requires the ability to get a top secret security clearance
Bachelor of Science degree in technical concentration preferred.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.