10 months ago
Sr. Mechanical Engineer
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 55691BR Date posted 10/25/City Uniontown
The UTC Re-Empower Program helps support talented and committed professionals as they rebuild their capabilities, enhance leadership skills, and continue their professional journey. Over the course of the 16-week program, experienced professionals will gain paid, on-the-job experience, have an opportunity to participate in sessions with leadership, develop personalized plans for success and receive coaching to guide their return to work experience. Upon completion of the program, based on performance, Re-Empower participants may have an opportunity to convert to a full-time role.
Minimum Program Qualifications
To qualify for the UTC Re-Empower Program, candidates should:
Currently be on a voluntary break of at least two years or more
Have a minimum of five years of professional work experience
Have an interest in returning to work in a full-time position
Have an ability to attend the Re-Empower Program Orientation at UTC Headquarters in Farmington, CT on January 22 - January 24, 2018.
UTC Aerospace Systems is one of the world's largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products. We design, manufacture and service systems and components and provide integrated solutions for commercial, regional, business and military aircraft, helicopters and other platforms. We are also a major supplier to international space programs
Sensors & Integrated Systems, a business unit of UTC Aerospace Systems, is leading provider of cutting-edge sensors and sensor-based systems for the commercial aerospace and defense industries including electronic flight bags, air data systems, ice detection and protection systems, fuel measurement and management systems, guidance navigation and control systems, health and usage management systems, rescue hoists, mission data recorders and sensing suites for aircraft engines.
* Primary technical responsibility as mechanical engineering lead for design, development, and qualification/certification of aircraft potable water systems and/or components.
* Support business development with pre-award activities (i.e. Bid and Proposal), including technical approach/concept and level of effort estimates, written technical proposals and presentations.
* Serve as the primary technical point of contact with customers, partners, and suppliers/production, regarding technical aspects of new projects and in-service product support.
* Compliance with EH&S and Business Ethics training, policies, and procedures.
Preferred area of expertise in design development, and test for aerospace systems and/or components, such as potable water systems, wastewater systems, hydraulics, or environmental control systems.
* Background in design and development of mechanical components such valves, electrical heaters, pumps, compressors, and tubing preferred
* Preferred experience with systems and/or component layouts and component installation in a solids model environment such as CATIA with detailed design completed by a drafting group.
* Preferred experience in mechanical designs utilizing thermodynamics/heat transfer, stress analysis, fluid flow, statics and dynamics.
* Preferred experience with metals, finishes and fabrication.
* Experience in RTCA DO-160 environmental and electrical requirements and FAA flightworthiness regulations preferred.
* Good written and oral communication skills
Education: Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering with 4-7 years’ experience, or Master’s degree (Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering) with 2-5 years’ experience.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.