4 months ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with GE Aviation!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Sr. Manufacturing Process Engineer Polymer & Fiber will be the responsible leader and key technical resource to support polymer and fiber spinning, heat treating and related processes. In the role of Manufacturing Process Engineer Polymer & Fiber, you will initiate and implement productivity, cost and quality improvement projects.
As the Manufacturing Process Engineer Polymer & Fiber, you will utilize your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
Additionally, in the role of Sr. Manufacturing Process Engineer Polymer & Fiber, your responsibilities will include :
* Be responsible for polymer and fiber spinning, heat treating and related processes
* Work and learn to improve and scale up polymer & fiber spinning, heat treating and related processes for large volume fiber plant
* Lead or serve on teams to drive continuous improvements in areas such as yield, uptime, and cost reductions, as well as major technology changes in support of business goals
* Bachelor’s Degree in chemical engineering, materials science or engineering from an accredited College or University
* Minimum of 5 years of Manufacturing industry related experience
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT :
* Ability and willingness to work occasional off shift hours as required
* Willingness and ability to travel domestically and globally
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
* Advanced engineering degree from an accredited college or university
* Knowledge of polymer formulations, processing and fiber spinning
* Knowledge of organometallic polymer systems
* Overall understanding of how polymer is converted into fiber tow made via melt spinning process related process material science
* Strong background in chemical engineering process and equipment development with emphasis on composite materials and processes
* Experience and expertise in mechanical system and equipment design
* Experience and expertise in data collection, and statistical process control in a large-scale manufacturing environment
* Strong statistical analysis skills
* Energetic and a team player
* Strong communication skills
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE Aviation is investing more than $200 million to construct two factories on 100 acres in Huntsville, Alabama. One plant will mass produce silicon carbide (SiC) ceramic fiber, the first high volume production operation in the U.S. The adjacent GE factory on the same campus will use the SiC ceramic fiber to make unidirectional CMC prepreg necessary to fabricate the CMC components . Once fully operational, the Huntsville facilities will employ up to 300 people. Huntsville is consistently named as one of the best places to live and work by a variety of national publications. The city successfully combines the rich heritage of Southern hospitality with innovative high-tech ventures and cultural diversity. Technology, space, and defense industries have a major presence here with the Army's Redstone Arsenal, NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center, and Cummings Research Park. The quality of life is second to none - with a variety of educational, recreational, and cultural opportunities.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Locations: United States; Alabama; Huntsville
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.