8 months ago
Moog Aircraft Group is seeking a Sr. Manufacturing Engineer to take on a critical role in supporting the Prismatic (Complex Milling) Manufacturing Group located in East Aurora NY. The primary responsibility will be supporting the development of new product/development processes, as well as applying new manufacturing technologies to existing or mature production programs. In this role, you’ll take ownership and drive results performing challenging and non‑routine manufacturing engineering work requiring the application of standard engineering techniques and procedures. In addition to accountability for the manufacturing processes in East Aurora, NY you will also help support our other aircraft facilities worldwide as required.
As a Senior Manufacturing Engineer at Moog, you will…….
* Evaluate and develop new and emerging technologies in manufacturing engineering.
* Play a major role in coordinating Design For Manufacturing efforts amongst various development engineering groups.
* Determine manufacturing procedures, operation sequencing, prepare tooling and gauge lists, create and prove out N/C programs, writing of detailed operations sheets and work instructions to produce complex machined parts and sub-assemblies.
* Support and improve mature programs through a combination of CAD/CAM, custom macros, and manual coding.
* Prepare, monitor, and update engineered or estimated time standards for set up and run hours, man to machine ratios and economic run quantities for each component’s processes in their entirety.
* Provide cost estimates for new business capture and process improvement efforts.
* Daily interaction with a variety of disciplines, including other Moog engineers, technicians, operations and quality personnel, as well as external suppliers, to solve process related problems.
* Leadership opportunities assigned by the Group Lead and/or Manf. Eng. Manager.
* Support of production automated manufacturing cells, driving process stability to achieve reduced attended labor and human factor variation.
* Some international and/or domestic travel as required
Are you qualified for this role??
* Bachelor of Science Degree (Manufacturing, Mechanical, Industrial Eng or Tech).
* A minimum of 5 years Manufacturing Engineering experience with increasing responsibility.
* CAD/CAM CNC programming experience (NX preferred)
* Strong tooling and/or fixture design experience.
* A progressive thinker and Self-starter to help advance our current methodologies and technologies.
* Excellent communication and documentation skills to work effectively with a variety of people.
* Experience developing automated and advanced manufacturing systems.
* A “Lean Mindset” and leadership skills to drive change towards a “Lean factory” and “Standardized Work”. (Lean belt certification a plus)
* Program management training and experience is a plus.
EOE/AA Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran