12 months ago
"I feel the need...the need for speed!" If you like the movie "Top Gun", you will love the Test and Training Instrumentation Engineering Department.
Rockwell Collins Test & Training Instrumentation (T&TI) Engineering is responsible for all product line and design engineering tasks related to the design, analysis, test and certification of Air Combat Training systems. The Systems Engineering Manager will work in the Government Systems T&TI Engineering Department leading a team of systems engineers solving challenges in next generation pilot proficiency training. This team is responsible for providing end to end solutions for 4th and 5th generation fighter test and training solutions, introduction of Live Virtual Constructive (LVC), and developing the next generation of instrumentation.
Rockwell Collins (NYSE: COL) is a pioneer in the development and deployment of innovative communication solutions for government applications. The T&TI Engineering Department develops state-of-the-art Range Products for cryptographic, datalink, networking, and command and control applications. We specialize in the development of high quality, highly secure solutions for U.S. military communication systems, navigation systems, and networks. We mature products from concept phase through accreditation and factory production.
The Advanced Systems Engineering team will work directly with end users and OEMs in each a prime/tier 1 and a supplier role. Strong leadership, organizational, and project management/earned value management skills are required. A strong candidate will have a deep understanding of systems engineering.
The successful candidate must also be able to apply their technical expertise to train and coach their team members to achieve program goals. Focus for the candidate will be on technical expertise, employee development (coaching, mentoring and career development), process compliance, and resource management. The position demands an ability and willingness to spend time on day-to-day performance management, employee development, talent acquisition/retention, and strategic support of the business.
In order to be successful in this role, the candidate must have first-hand practical experience and be able to perform or provide guidance to engineering team members in the following areas:
* Technical direction - candidate must be able to direct the utilization of advanced principles, theories, and concepts for products and system integration & test; candidate must maintain awareness of state-of-the-art technology and the company's competitive position.
* Program technical and execution planning - candidate must be able to guide team members on the creation of system engineering plans, execution baselines, program execution and staffing plans, and technical risk assessments in support of customer expectations and business objectives.
* Project management - candidate must be able to remain cognizant of, as well as guide team members on, the management of scope, schedule and budget for system engineering activities; candidate must be well versed in using Earned Value Management System (EVMS) performance measurement; candidate must be able to assign and coordinate staffing.
* Process management - candidate must be able to guide team members on the utilization of internal engineering processes and provide assurance that the system engineering activities are consistent with requirements for product security, safety, testability, reliability, maintainability, performance, qualification and certification.
* Bid and proposal - candidate must be able to lead, review, and provide guidance to team members on bid and proposal activities for pursuits.
* Production transition and support - candidate must be able to lead and provide guidance to team members on the creation of producible designs and the transition of designs from development to production phase.
* Personnel administration - candidate must be able to perform hiring, performance assessment and personnel issue management for a team of technical staff members.
Candidate will lead the engineering team using strong interaction, interpersonal, mentoring and negotiating skills, and will be responsible for managing project risks/issues and elevating to upper management when appropriate. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for adhering to, and supporting Rockwell Collins process methodologies while developing and managing commitments to meet project financial and schedule deliverables and quality requirements.
Relocation to Cedar Rapids is required. A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates.
Must Have Requirements:
* Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
* Must possess or be eligible for obtaining a U.S. DoD Secret Clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/re-instatement and must meet eligibility requirements.
* Practical experience in all aspects/phases of pursuit and product and system integration & test
* Previous experience as a Project Engineer and/or CAM
A successful candidate may possess the following:
* Previous experience with bid and proposal efforts, Decision Point process, and SEER tools is a benefit.
* Background and / or knowledge of range test and training systems.
* Background and / or knowledge of digital electronics and experience with digital electronics design principles and techniques.
* Background and / or knowledge of data links, end cryptographic units. TSPI modules, and/or cross domain solutions
* Possess strong leadership skills as demonstrated with interpersonal interaction, individual mentoring to develop the team composition, and training.
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills and the ability to work well with others in a professional team environment.
* Good organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks, while balancing priorities and schedules are important attributes.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
* Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
* Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
* An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
* Tuition reimbursement
* And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.