7 months ago
Requisition ID: 6684
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Sr Manager, Engineering to join our team in Melbourne, FL (1050). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Rockwell Collins Test Engineering & Service Center of Excellence (TE&S CoE) has an opening for a Senior Engineering Manager, on-site, at our Melbourne, Florida facility. This manager will lead a team of 12~13 software, systems and electrical engineers in development and support of factory test solutions. This team will be responsible primarily for Communication/Navigation/Surveillance products that serve our commercial systems and business and region systems customers.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for providing leadership, guidance, hiring and support in the training of new engineers in the area of test engineering projects. Candidate will perform staff management including PR&DP preparation/delivery, coaching/mentoring, career development, salary planning, reward/recognition, and performance management as needed. Candidate will also be responsible for identifying the necessary staff, facilities and equipment needed for successful execution of projects within the team. Candidates must have strong leadership and organizational skills as well as project management experience. Must also bring excitement and passion to this role and expect the same of the team. Prior engineering project leadership is required, and an MBA is desirable. The Test Engineering department provides test equipment solutions across all Government Systems programs, which will require that this candidate have good communication skills, both written and verbal, and be able to work with other engineering departments and operations.
Candidate will also be responsible for adherence to capital and operating budgets, schedules, work plans and performance requirements, along with the planning and budgeting for the acquisition of test equipment. Candidate will be responsible for ensuring their team performs on-time delivery of test equipment to correct locations per the agreed upon schedules.
Other responsibilities and job requirements include but are not limited to the following:
* Experience in leading/developing Comm/Nav/Surveillance technology projects.
* Strong leadership and management skills with the ability to lead a cross functional team in the development of test engineering solutions.
* Experience in overall successful project execution and oversight to ensure development teams have properly planned, set up project schedules, identified, hired and trained staff for project execution, and provide overall oversight that the team executes to the established schedule and cost objectives.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to interface with Engineering Managers, Technical Project Managers, Program Managers and Operations Managers across all business areas within Rockwell Collins Services/Government Systems.
* Experience in supporting pursuit activities, including bids and proposals.
* Experience identifying and tracking work packages that can be worked by subcontract companies.
* Assigns technical resources to work assignments (workforce allocation).
* Ensures compliance to development processes and standard work requirements.
* Actively addresses employee performance and development issues
* Oversees and participates in development of engineering bids to ensure success
* PR&DP preparation and delivery.
* Salary planning.
* Responsible for the development and technical coaching/mentoring of staff.
* Responsible for on-boarding and assimilation of new hires.
STEM Bachelor's degree is required.
US CItizenship or Permanent Residence is required.
Candidate must have manufacturing experience is required. Candidate should have a good understanding of Test and Product Design
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.