about 1 year ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with GE Aviation!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
In this role, you will lead a team of technical leaders and skilled trade team members through the installation, maintenance, and repair of internal manufacturing, assembly, and inspection equipment at GE Aviation’s operations in Lynn, MA. You will provide leadership to the team to meet short-term and long-term goals and objectives while resolving issues through immediate action and planning.
Key Responsibilities Include :
* Propose and execute plan for preventative maintenance and corrective action
* Develop and execute strategic plan for solving machine maintenance and performance issues
* Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE)
* PDCA Principles
* Root Cause & Problem-Solving Techniques
* Theory of Constraints
* Visual Management
* Autonomous Maintenance
* A3 Thinking
* & Kaizen
* Provide status reports regarding execution of machine status’ and trending reports of key metrics
* Partner with Plant Leaders, Engineers, Operations Leaders, and Equipment Operators to execute effective maintenance plans and develop robust autonomous maintenance practices
* Ensure compliance with safety regulations and internal policies and procedures
* Ensure that equipment and tools are in good condition for use
* Provide coaching, mentoring, and training to team members within all levels of your organization
* Involved in complex decision making, often with both internal and external customers
* Serve as a change agent in driving continuous improvement through your organization
* Provide strong support in cultivating an environment that encourages problem solving, critical thinking, and innovation
* Develop and grow organizational capability
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in Equipment Maintenance (Including experience managing large maintenance organizations)
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT :
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
* Working knowledge of Total Productive Maintenance implementation and execution
* Excellent communication skills expected in order to influence and provide information in a matrix organization
* Ability to work in large cross functional teams and at multiple levels in the organization (both salaried and shop floor operators / skilled trades team members)
* Strong coaching and influencing skills, along with the ability to inspire employees and managers on all levels are expected
* Goal oriented and proactive in problem solving, while also being creative and a high energy
* Demonstrated ability to take ownership of cross-functional program deliverables and ability to drive decisions based on the overall benefit to the company
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
Lynn is the home of the first U.S. jet engine thanks in part to relationships with material science researchers at nearby MIT. This continued relationship allows us to focus on product improvement. GE Aviation still a major employer in Lynn, assembling small commercial, military and marine engines in this Boston suburb. As a result, over 4,200 GE employees now call this historic area "home." Take the MBTA commuter rail into the nearby city of Boston. Several parks including the largest municipal park in New England, as well as the Lynn Beach offer resident relaxation. Learn more about our New England community!
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Locations: United States; Massachusetts; Lynn
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.