7 months ago
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Note: Relocation assistance for external candidates is not provided for this position
Purpose of Position
This position is exposed to all major FP&A processes and functions for the Timken Bearings and Power Transmission (BP&T) Segment (~3.0B in sales) including the segment’s financial monthly forecast, annual budgeting process, variance analysis, and value based decision making. This specific role has primary responsibility for capital spending support, analysis and project related analysis. The incumbent provides decision support and strategic support to senior management including preparing board presentations, financial presentations, investment analysis industry/peer group comparisons, new business opportunities, acquisition analysis and other projects requested by senior management. FP&A acts as the analytical engine of the business to provide insights and support business decision making.
1. Prepare and report capital spending globally to management team.
2. Focus on project analysis and support to the product management teams.
3. Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, and S&A.
4. Prepare presentations to senior management team.
5. Provide quarterly and monthly financial reporting.
6. Analyze financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes.
7. Support senior management team and department heads with in-depth analyses.
8. Interface with finance managers around the world to ensure accurate B&PT reporting, forecasting and variance analysis.
9. Provide ad hoc reporting and analyses as necessary to support the BP&T organization.
Technical/Functional Skills Required
* Microsoft Office, including advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
* Hyperion Planning – Oracle product
* SAP and Business Intelligence
* Strong analytical skills for variance and root cause analyses
* Strong communication skills/team player
* Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance (or similar) and at least 2 years’ relevant experience
* Master’s degree in Accounting/Finance preferred, but not required
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.