6 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
As part of the Sensors & Integrated Systems (SIS) team, you'll help support development of the next generation of more intelligent, more integrated and more reliable solutions that enhance aircraft safety and performance in the most rigorous flight conditions. We have 100 years of experience, a phenomenal product portfolio, state-of-the-art test labs and the resources to make your ideas shine.
As a part of the SIS-VT Finance team, the Engineering Finance Lead provide actual, forecast & planning financial data for SIS-ICAMS Engineering sales and cost.
The key position requirements include, but are not limited to:
* Monitor, track & analyze performance on key Engineering financial metrics including DCI, OH, CFE, CuFE, Sales, OSE and Sustaining Engineering by project and cost categorization.
* Support the creation of weekly & monthly forecasts as well as yearly plans through leading weekly/monthly meetings and assisting with waterline activities with PMO and Engineering.
* Assist with month-end closing for Project Accounting to ensure sales and costs are booked appropriately within the P&L and prepare all necessary journal entries.
* Analyze the project spend versus forecasted spend to understand variances and provide explanations.
* Submit weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual Finance deliverables in accordance with required deadlines.
* Support business reviews and provide Engineering data-book on a monthly basis.
* Provide ICAMS management with ad hoc Engineering analysis for CFE, CuFE Sales, OSE, Sustaining Engineering, DCI and OH impacts.
* Create standard processes to increase efficiencies and effectiveness for all deliverables.
* Prepare cost type billings to customers for contracts with Non-recurring Engineering and understand Government Contracting requirements related to appropriate billings.
* Create quarterly EAC’s to ensure accurate revenue recognition and lead quarterly growth meetings.
* Support the annual R&D review from UTC Tax including all necessary follow-up with PMO.
* Understand the calculation and basis for Engineering OH and the application within SAP.
Qualification: **We will only accept applicants from US Citizens for this role
Background check and/or drug screen notification
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Background check required (re-hires who have been gone for <1 year)
* Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
Education: Basic Qualifications
* Bachelor's degree with a focus in Finance, Accounting or Engineering
* 5+ years of work experience in Finance, Accounting or Engineering
* Knowledge of SAP and HFM
* Proficient in Excel & Access
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.