about 1 year ago
ALASKA AIRLINES' STORY
Alaska Airlines is one of the most respected names in aviation and flies throughout its namesake state and the Lower 48, as well as to Hawaii, Canada, Mexico and Costa Rica. Our roots date to 1932 and are symbolized by the Alaska Native painted on the tails of our aircraft. Guided by what we call the "Alaska Spirit", we pride ourselves on providing a lifeline to remote communities while delivering renowned service to everyone we fly. This commitment has brought us national and international recognition. We've been honored with a variety of awards by readers of Travel + Leisure, Conde Nast Traveler, USA Today and others. Alaska, with Virgin America, is the premier airline for people on the West Coast, and together with its sister carrier Horizon Air, flies to more than 115 destinations. The two airlines are subsidiaries of Alaska Air Group Inc. (NYSE:ALK) with annual revenues exceeding $7 billion.
The Senior Enterprise System Engineer takes a holistic view of all the Alaska Air Group's (AAG's) enterprise systems by maintaining the vision and overall strategic direction for enterprise infrastructure systems. This role gathers input, provides direction, and makes strategic decisions to ensure AAG's infrastructure fits within our vision. This role partners closely with multiple groups within IT, as well as business customers, to clearly understand their requirements, implement technology solutions, and own the resulting system. The Senior Engineer must also demonstrate expert skills in leadership, project management, hardware/software architecture and best practiced, computer security and compliance, and enterprise architectures.
Scope & Complexity
- This individual contributor role supports complex systems engineering activities for Alaska Air Group (AAG) and its subsidiaries.
- Functions as a technology thought leader and a lead for cross-divisional, enterprise infrastructure projects.
- Partners with Enterprise Architecture to maintain the strategy and vision of AAG's technology systems and ensure alignment of forward-looking strategies and roadmaps.
- Researches, develops, and communicates system roadmaps, opportunities, and constraints to IT and to the business.
- Represents the team, as well as the manager, at division, business, and project meetings.
- Leverages expert skills in the following areas: technical troubleshooting, vendor management, customer service, communication, thought leadership, and project management.
- Manages and takes ownership of vendor relationships (e.g., maintains the relationship and report status updates to senior leadership).
- Owns at least two core infrastructure technologies (e.g., Active Directory, DNS, Altiris, Cloud, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, VMware, Scripting, Local Traffic Manager, Global Traffic Manager, Tivoli Workload Scheduler, Citrix, E-mail, FTP, UNIX, Linux, Windows Servers, Security & Compliance Standards, etc.).
- Pursues industry leading certifications and training.
- Holds team members accountable for enterprise best practices and leverages experience in applying the general skill set.
- Participates in the team's on-call rotation schedule.
Job-Specific Experience, Education & Skills
- A minimum of 6 years of documented IT experience.
- A minimum 4 years of technical engineering experience.
- Expert knowledge in the following areas:
- Enterprise datacenter technologies,
- Infrastructure automation platforms (e.g., Chef, Puppet, etc.),
- Server operating systems,
- Agile and DevOps framework / methodology,
- Continuous improvement and continuous delivery,
- Build management and source control solutions,
- Test automation.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum age of 18
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- A Bachelor of Arts or a Bachelor of Science degree, with a focus in computer science, information technology, or a related discipline.
- Professional certification in an applicable technology or project management.
- In-depth knowledge and/or experience with one or more of the following:
- Supporting enterprise solutions,
- Enterprise monitoring solutions,
- IaaS/PaaS/SaaS, datacenters, networking, servers, authentication, storage, load balancing, databases, virtualization, security, and server virtualization technologies,
- Development languages and the development lifecycle.
- Knowledge of networking concepts (e.g., advanced networking/switching/routing).
- Experience implementing projects involving enterprise hardware and/or software technologies.
- Experience providing strong leadership in a number of enterprise systems.
- Experience providing status of projects to senior members of the leadership team.
- Vendor management skills (e.g., relationship maintenance and reporting the status to senior leadership).
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
- Embody our values to own safety, do the right thing, be kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be remarkable.
The location for this position is in Burlingame, California.
OUR CULTURE - ALASKA AIRLINES
For eligible employees, our company offers a unique total rewards package that few companies can match, including insurance coverage for medical, dental and vision care, 401(k) retirement savings plans, monthly and annual incentive bonus plans, time off and a generous employee travel program. Our values reflect who we are at work and in our communities: Own Safety, Do the Right Thing, Be Kind-Hearted, Deliver Performance, and Be Remarkable. Alaska Airlines also fosters a diverse and inclusive culture and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A few helpful tips when applying -
~Before applying, we recommend that you clear your browsing history including your temporary internet files and disable pop-up blockers. You can accomplish this by going to the Tools tab.
~Gather your paperwork, including your work history, resume etc. - before you apply to the position.
~ If you would like to include a cover letter, add it as your first page to your resume. Your resume is part of your application and unique to each position you apply to.
~Once in the application, be sure to use the links provided to return to the previous page if needed. The back button is not compatible with our system.
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air do not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants are also protected by law.
Alaska Airlines y Horizon Air no toleran discriminacion o acoso en base a raza, color, credo, religion, origen nacional, estatus migratorio de residencia o ciudadania, edad, sexo, orientacion sexual, identidad de genero o expresion, estado civil, discapacidad, estado veterano protegido, informacion genetica o cualquier otra base protegida por la legislacion aplicable. Empleados o aspirantes que indaguen, discutan o revelen su compensacion o la remuneracion de otros empleados o aspirantes tambien estan protegidos por ley.