5 months ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
As Senior Support Manager, you will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within functional areas of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy.
* Lead the MRAS small nacelles technical product support activity with particular focus on safety, reliability, and cost of ownership
* Provide team building, technical leadership, and direction to the Customer, Project, and Alliances, as well as all contributing resources
* Provide guidance and leadership to direct reports
* Develop timely and effective solutions to field problems, including technical and logistics
* Anticipate potential field problems and developing fixes / programs to prevent
* Active member of the Product Safety PMT and the assigned product PCB
* Forefront of Customer Advocacy and provide voice of the customers within the Project team
* Develop and execute fleet field management programs and ready NPI product for EIS
* Assure customer satisfaction is maintained relative to the timely and quality responses to customer issues
* Effectively communicate and influence other programs and their interactions and relationships to ensure proper resources are applied
* Prepare presentations and conduct periodic reviews to communicate status of ongoing field issues and resolution plans to management
* Assist to establish Nacelle component reliability metrics and maintenance costs, and support action plans to meet or exceed established goals
* Troubleshoot technical problems and issues, determine technical solution in accordance with engineering / manufacturing products and customer specifications, and recommend actions
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited university or college
A minimum of 5 years of experience in a product or customer support role
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT : This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
* Strong leadership skills
* Strong influencing skills
* Six Sigma training is preferred
* Ability to motivate and influence individuals and teams
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Ability to manage multiple priorities under tight deadlines
* Ability to make decisions with speed and accuracy based on best available information
* Product or customer support role within the Aerospace industry
Locations: United States; Maryland; Baltimore
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.