11 months ago
Moog’s Aircraft Group (AG) has been offering Superior Engineering and Advanced Technologies to the Commercial Aircraft Market for over six decades. Bill Moog’s invention enabled the technology for Fly-by-Wire flight controls used in today’s modern aircraft. Today Moog offers integrated flight control solutions, actuation control systems, and product based solutions for much of the commercial aircraft market, both here in the US and Globally.
As a Sr. Lab Technician in Moog’s Aircraft Group (AG), you’ll work specifically on our Commercial Aircraft Business.
Here’s what you’ll work on:
The incumbent prepares and fabricates complex electronic, hydraulic and environmental test setups. He/She conducts a wide variety of environmental and functional tests and measurements for new product evaluation, development, qualification and general support of engineering and manufacturing for Moog Inc. Operations. The incumbent prepares or assists in the preparation of test procedures, data sheets, data summaries and test reports. He/She may provide technical supervision/training for Engineering Technicians and technicians from other departments using the laboratory facilities.
1. Use sound technical and ethical judgment in the execution of formal and informal test procedures and interpretation of test results
2. Assist in diagnosis of discrepant product parameters to establish cause
3. Assist in the preparation of test procedures and test setups in conformance with product specifications.
4. Perform complex assembly, test and measurement operations.
5. Assist Lab and Test Equipment Engineers in conceptualizing, building and maintaining the fixtures/systems for performance evaluation and life cycle testing components/assemblies.
6. Work with the Lab Supervisor to ensure that laboratory work areas are maintained in a clean, safe and orderly manner.
7. Accurately record test setups, results and conclusions and maintain permanent records of such.
These are the skills you’ll bring with you:
• Associates Engineering/Technology Degree or equivalent engineering training plus a minimum of eight years’ experience as a test technician, three years of, which are in an engineering technical capacity in mechanical, hydraulic, or electromechanical fields.
• The incumbent must have the ability to work under severe time constraints and perform duties with minimum or no supervision. The timing and/or critical nature of the problems leading to these demands often requires a positive response to all concerned par ties.
• They will be required to provide guidance to less senior technicians. Sound technical judgment and common sense are very important.
• A working knowledge of basic electronic and hydraulic circuits is required as well as knowledge of the application and operation of electronic, mechanical and hydraulic instrumentation.
EOE/AA/Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran