3 months ago
The Senior Quality Engineer is responsible for the total contractual quality requirements for assigned programs, consistent with the policies and procedures set forth in Propulsion California’s ISO system and corporate directives. He/she may direct the activities of lower level Quality Engineers and other Quality personnel in the accomplishment of his/her assignments.
* The Senior Quality Engineer provides quality requirements input for customer “Requests or Quotation” to proposal team leader.
* Interprets the quality requirements.
* Evaluates the requirements for special inspection and test equipment.
* Estimates the time required by the Quality Assurance department to comply with quality requirements.
* Prepares an input for the proposal write-up.
* After receipt on contract, the Senior Quality Engineer is responsible for generating the procedures required to assure that all contractual quality requirements are adhered to.
* Assists in the preparation, review and approval of specific quality documents in compliance with contractual requirements. These documents shall include, but not be limited to; Manufacturing Procedures, Drawings and Revisions, Procurement Specifications, Qualification Test Procedures, Acceptance Test Procedures, Program Quality Plans, Special Process Procedures, and Training Documents.
* Coordinates the development of a Receiving Inspection Plan (RIP).
* Coordinates inspection requirements with customer and Government representatives.
* Evaluates inspection equipment and tooling requirements to meet contractual quality specifications.
* Develops, for each new program as required, with the cognizant project engineer, the plan by which the reliability of the system, subsystem, or component shall be demonstrated.
* Supports engineering design personnel in the initial design phases of programs undertaken by PCA. The prime consideration is the inclusion of a maximum inherent reliability factor in the diagram.
* Reviews Development Test Plan and monitors testing.
* Monitors and approves the qualification test and lot acceptance test programs at PCA and independent test labs.
* Participates in customer design reviews.
* Reviews requests to purchase and provides quality requirements.
* Maintains material configuration on assigned programs.
* Reviews assigned job travelers for correctness and applicability of procedure, material requisition, and nomenclature.
* Monitors inspection and functional test data, and isolates potential problem areas as indicated by significant lot-to-lot data shifts.
* Analyzes, complies, and makes available to management and engineering personnel, quality assurance and reliability data that can be used to predict the performance characteristics of system component. This function includes periodically updating reliability estimates.
* Reviews discrepant hardware and recommends disposition. Participates in failure analyses and Material Review Board actions.
* Participates in customer and in-house audits. Devises programs for preventive quality assurance.
* Maintains a close and effective relationship with customer and government quality assurance/reliability representatives, acting as liaison between these individuals and PCA.
* Maintains effective working relationships with major functional departments within the company, specifically to include, but not limited to, Manufacturing, Engineering, Material, and Marketing/Contracts Administration.
* Practical knowledge and skills as would normally be obtained through a Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience.
* Five years experience in Quality Assurance and/or Reliability Engineering,
* Must have, as a minimum, a general working knowledge of the current quality specifications, such as: ISO 9000, ISO 9004, ISO 100012 and NHB-5300.4.
* Must be cognizant of the moral, as well as technical, requirements of Quality Assurance.
* Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen
* Bachelors Degree Quality Assurance and/or Reliability Engineering or related field.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.