7 months ago
Requisition ID: 7574
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Sr Electronics Technician - GS Engineering to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Applies principles and theories of electronics, electrical circuitry, engineering mathematics, electronic and electrical testing and physics
* Under minimal supervision, performs a variety of highly complex technical tasks which require a substantial understanding of engineering techniques and all technical objectives. Provide mentoring in the use of an increasingly complex engineering tool set. Works on assignments requiring considerable judgment and initiative.
* Perform as member of a technical team utilizing effective communication skills, including leadership role and interaction with higher level leadership and customers. Actively promotes team decision making.
* Provides technical recommendations for capital, expense and service acquisition.
* Utilizes automated test or design software. Highly proficient at data analysis using required software tools. Generates programming scripts or macros for data acquisition or analysis.
* Demonstrates use of resources to enhance job and product performance. Is viewed as a technical resource to others.
* Conducts engineering tests and analyzes data to support recommended design changes when applicable.
* Works from minimal documentation, written or verbal instructions, schematics, rough sketches, diagrams, layouts and plans often requiring interpretation.
* Determines methods and procedures on new assignments.
* Applies significant electronic theory to configure, model, layout, prototype, build, test, troubleshoot, determine solutions and modify electronic product for engineering efforts applicable to the department or program charter. May assist engineers with design and development of new processes and/or products.
* Associates degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of an associate's degree three years of related experience
* Must possess or be eligible for obtaining a U.S. DoD Secret Clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/re-instatement and must meet eligibility requirements.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.