6 months ago
Requisition ID: 8899
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Sr Electrical Engineer - Navigation Hardware to join our team in Melbourne, FL (1050). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
The Rockwell Collins Navigation Hardware team is looking for a strong technical electrical engineer with digital, analog and RF circuit design experience. The team is responsible for designing and maintaining navigation products for the air transport, regional jet and business jet market. These products include satellite based navigation receivers, ground based navigation receivers and inertial navigation sensors.
The engineer will be responsible for tasks related to a given product line and will provide engineering support, schedule tracking and execution, performance against cost and milestones, reporting of status on assigned tasks and interaction with team members from other disciplines. This position will work with minimal supervision.
* Engineering responsibility for multiple products
* Interfacing with the customer at the engineering level
* Perform failure and certification investigations
* Contribute to hardware engineering requirements capture, analysis and creation in area of domain expertise.
* Design, test, analyze, integrate, qualify and document hardware of moderate to high complexity such as multiple hardware components or mixed electrical technologies. Work closely with other engineering disciplines (i.e. mechanical, software and systems engineering) to ensure the electrical design is appropriate for the project/product design approach.
* Participate in cross-functional team efforts in integration, pre- qualification and qualification for products and sub-systems of moderate to high complexity.
* Contribute to the engineering estimates for moderate to large scope electrical design problems.
* Review metrics and hardware defects trends, identify systemic root causes and process improvements.
* Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
* Have relevant analog, digital and RF design experience.
* Be capable of hand-on troubleshooting using engineering lab equipment.
* Utilize strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
* Possess excellent interpersonal communication skills.
* Be able to multi-task and manage through unexpected events.
It is desired that applicants have:
* Experience managing small cross-functional teams.
* RF design experience in VHF, UHF, L-Band or C-Band
* An understanding and ability to execute testing to DO-160.
* An understanding of DO-254 design assurance guidance for airborne electronic hardware.
* Experience or training in all aspects of the hardware life cycle, including requirements capture, design and development, requirements verification qualification, and certification.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.