10 months ago
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as 2016 America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
Our team is looking for innovative and passionate engineers to help create high performance communication products, such as software-defined radios and data links. As part of our team, you'll have the ability to significantly contribute to the creation of our newest products.
Sr Electrical Engineer - FPGA & ASIC Design Solutions - Government Systems
Become part of the growing Government Systems Engineering FPGA & ASIC Design Solutions team. As an engineer in this organization, you will be a member of an experienced, dynamic design group employing best practice design methodologies supporting our next generation of Communication Products, in addition to numerous products corporate-wide.
This position is for an experienced and motivated Senior Electrical or Computer engineering experienced candidate to be involved in the design, implementation, verification and integration of a wide variety of high-performance digital ASICs and FPGAs applied to signal processing and information assurance applications.
Key Responsibilities will include:
* Requirements capture, ASIC / FPGA digital architecture and design using RTL, timing analysis and closure, verification, and system integration
* RTL coding and simulation in VHDL or Verilog
* Testbench development for the verification of RTL blocks using VHDL or SystemVerilog
* Recommend new tools and practices for continuous improvement in the group's ASIC / FPGA design flow
This position is located in Cedar Rapids, IA. A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates.
Must Have Requirements:
* Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
* Must possess or be eligible for obtaining a U.S. DoD Secret Clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/re-instatement and must meet eligibility requirements.
This position requires these skills and abilities:
* RTL coding and simulation in VHDL or Verilog OR Testbench development for the verification of RTL blocks using VHDL or SystemVerilog
* Digital circuit architecture, design, resource tradeoffs, timing analysis and timing closure
* Proficiency using ASIC and/or FPGA simulation and synthesis tools (e.g. Modelsim, Synopsys, FPGA-specific tools)
* Familiarity with revision control concepts and tools (e.g. Subversion)
* Ability to work with minimal supervision, part of a team of engineers with a variety of skills and backgrounds, matrixed into projects with aggressive schedules and frequent milestones
* Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to document and present one's work and status
Desired skills of a successful candidate:
* Familiarity with best practice chip-level verification techniques and languages (e.g. constrained random, functional coverage, SystemVerilog)
* ASIC / FPGA lab validation with advanced lab equipment
* Design for Test (DFT) and manufacturability issues
* Experience with Unix, scripting, C/C++, and/or Perl
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
* Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
* Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
* An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
* Tuition reimbursement
* And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.