about 1 year ago
Sr Electrical Components Engineer
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 45952BR Date posted 05/15/City Rockford
Country United States
Space Systems Rockford is seeking candidates for a Senior Electrical Components Engineering position.
UTC Aerospace Systems (UTAS) is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products. ISR & Space Systems is a business unit within UTAS and our products reside in deep space, low earth orbit, undersea and on the ground. We are also a major supplier to international space programs. The ISR & Space Systems business has contributed to significant advances in ground, air, space and imaging technology for over 85 years.
The primary roles and responsibilities of this position are be cognizant of all elements and attributes of the design elements of assigned program and project electrical components through:
- The generation of electrical component plans based upon customer design specifications
- Working closely with the program/project electrical design team to identify components by part number which are compliant to the over-arching component plan
- Manage and support component obsolescence activities such that all issues are identified timely and solutions generated
- Generate and submit PARS (Part Approval Requests) and NSPARS (Non Standard Part Approval Requests
- Provide all customer data item deliverables regarding electrical components
- Work to determine necessary DPA (Destructive Parts
- Experience generating and submit PARS (Part Approval Requests) and NSPARS (Non Standard Part Approval Requests
- Proficiency to determine necessary DPA (Destructive Parts Analysis) requirements per customer specification
- Ability to work closely with the procurement team as well as with suppliers regarding all aspects of component procurement
- Knowledge of working multidisciplinary environment, in support of principally Space and Military Customers
- Experience working in components engineering.
- Familiarity with radiation and nuclear environments is a plus.
This position requires a candidate with initiative, resourcefulness, excellent teamwork skills, which must have good written and oral communication capability and the willingness to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary environment, in support of principally Space and Military Customers.
Due to federal contract US Citizenship is required
This position is considered safety sensitive in accordance with NASA Guidelines. Candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per NASA’s regulation SUBPART 1835.5 Drug- Free Workforce
BS or MS in Electrical Engineering or relate field w/6-12 yr.'s Experience
MA-MS w/4-7 yr.’s experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.