12 months ago
Sr. Data Scientist - Forecasting
Position: Senior Data Scientist - Forecasting
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
At Honeywell, our people are driven by a desire to contribute, be challenged and grow. Our people make Honeywell a special company and are a key competitive advantage.
Honeywell Aerospace has approximately 40,000 employees around the world. Thousands of Honeywell Aerospace technologies, products and services are found on virtually every commercial, defense and space aircraft worldwide. We develop solutions that span air traffic modernization, flight and runway safety, engines, cockpit and cabin electronics, wireless connectivity, logistics and more. Honeywell Aerospace delivers safe, efficient, productive and more comfortable transportation experiences for manufacturers, airlines, business and general aviation aircraft, military and airports through three divisions, Air Transport and Regional, Business and General Aviation and Defense and Space
Honeywell Aerospace products, services and digital environments collect millions of events per day and as a data driven company believe our data as great stories to tell us. As such, we are investing heavily in our data science capabilities and establishing a data science & analytics team, chartered to build our predictive analytics capabilities for predictive aircraft maintenance, optimize product performance & driving transformational change in the business.
As a Senior Data Scientist – Forecasting in the Analytics Center of Excellence team, you will:
* Partner with various business groups to gain knowledge of their business requirements and operational processes.
* Apply the acquired knowledge and business judgment to design and implement forecasting models and systems.
* Review and make recommendations to existing forecasting models and drive continuous improvements in forecast accuracy
* Become the subject matter expert when it comes to forecasting methodologies and tools
* Master’s Degree in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Engineering or closely related field
* Three plus years of experience in demand planning/forecasting tools, forecasting processes in sales, marketing operations, finance, manufacturing and supply chain.
* Experience with modeling sequential data, statistical forecasting, and time series models.
* Experience with one or more of the statistical modeling languages/ toolboxes (R, SAS, SPSS, Matlab, or Python);
* Proficient in SQL and Excel skills
* Ability to communicate and present complex quantitative analyses in clear and precise manner
* Ph.D. Degree in the above mentioned field.
* Five plus years of experience in analytics with specialization in forecasting.
* Experience working in a global matrix organization
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
* Comfortable interacting with C-level executives
* Knowledge of data visualization tools
* Mining both structured and unstructured data
* Good business acumen
* “Big picture” thinking about how to utilize data and create new insights
* Comfortable working in a dynamic and ambiguous environment with several ongoing concurrent projects
* Highly driven individual with strong ability to gets things done
* Job ID: 00350487
* Category: Information Technology
* Location: Phoenix, AZ USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.