5 months ago
Are you ready to make a difference in Moog’s growing Contracts Organization?
Moog is the world leader in flight control actuation and critical control products. We support virtually every commercial airline in the world, all U.S. government agencies and global military customers. Our systems design and integration expertise-matched with proven subsystem expertise-means we can achieve higher levels of optimization in more areas. Our fully integrated systems include all actuation, control, power drive, and system software. With an unrivaled mix of system and component expertise, we are uniquely qualified to create solutions optimized around the customer's goal for performance, weight, reliability, and cost.
The Aircraft Group is looking for a Senior Contract Administrator, Operations Excellence. This position will perform Contracts Administration functions and be responsible for initiating, managing, implementing and overseeing projects to improve the efficiency, compliance and performance measurement of the Aircraft Group Global Contracts department. Formal training in Six Sigma, Lean or another Continuous Improvement methodology is a definite plus.
You will also administer several military contracts. This position requires a basic knowledge of US defense industry sales techniques and government procurement regulations, familiarity with shipping and invoicing procedures, a working knowledge of pricing policies and cost structuring, knowledge of contract interpretation, and a feel for technical issues. You may also be responsible for administration of foreign contracts. This requires the Administrator to be thoroughly knowledgeable about the legal ramifications of proposing to foreign nationals, selling of U.S. military hardware and shipping high technology product overseas.
The Senior Contract Administrator, Operations Excellence must be a leader with strong motivational and organization skills and excellent listening, oral and written communication skills. The Administrator must be a demonstrated self‑starter with the ability to be highly productive on a variety of ongoing activities. The Administrator must develop sufficient presentation and communication skills to address cross-functional teams and groups of customers. Contract administration requires the ability to quickly identify contractual and other program performance issues and propose solutions. The Administrator should have strong problem-solving skills.
Here's what's in it for you:
* Opportunities to work on a variety of millitary, commercial, and international programs with high profile customers such as Boeing, Airbus, Gulfstream, Lockheed Martin, and Northrop Grumman.
* Working with cutting-edge technology and applications
* Significant growth opportunities - Success in this role will lead to increased technical and leadership responsibilities. Our department is currently in a growth and change mode, and you can make a sincere difference in how our worldwide organization evolves.
We'll be looking for you to have the following:
* Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years of experience, including experience with defense related contracts
* A current Secret level clearance, or the ability to be granted such a clearance is highly desirable.
* Knowledge of contract law – specifically government contract law
* Ability to interpret FAR regulations and other agency regulations
* Knowledge of Federal procurement procedures and cost accounting standards
We work in an environment where people trust, respect and encourage one another. We believe in our people and it shows in everything we do. We'd like to invite you to become part of our continued success.
EOE/AA Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran