10 months ago
Sr Certification Engineer
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Successful candidate will guide and support FAA Part 33 and C77A/B software related certification activities related to Propulsion and Auxiliary Power Unit (APU) Engine type certificates and Technical Standard Orders (TSOs). This office demonstrates compliance to regulators. The PIPAC COE ODA organization, which does not report to this office, finds compliance. The MSEA Project teams will continue to own their Certification plans, project execution, and reports.
The Engineer supports the technical oversight of Honeywell Aerospace wide teams and will be expected to actively interact with other disciplines, management, regulatory agencies, and customers. The primary responsibility of this office is to provide a service for Propulsion projects which must obtain commercial
certification. The candidate will be a developing expert in Federal Aviation Administration Part 33; all Subparts (including Electronic Hardware and Software), along with strong Propulsion product/electrical controller component hardware and software knowledge, especially as it relates to Part 33. This position supports the technical focal points for both Propulsion and PIPAC ODA leaders. The service includes assuring that each project:
* Understands the regulations to which they must show compliance. Create a process and structure (predictable/repeatable/sustainable) for showing compliance
* Supports the implements Requirements-Based Engineering approach, standard work (processes and tools), and the need for continuous improvement, along with evolution of entire organization.
* Understands how to access product against applicable regulations. Provide project teams risk register input as it relates to certification
* Supports processes/tools related to compliance plan templates/guidance, supports Project group plans, and associated schedule which satisfies the regulations and meets the project objectives
* Coordinates closely with MSEA COEs, MCOE, ECOE, and PIPAC ODA groups to ensure tied-out and executable plans. This includes a minimum of a proposal, compliance matrix, and schedule that is vetted and approved by all associated parties (COEs)
* Supports compliance strategy/approach and then detailed plan for ODA office and FAA. Obtains ODA team and management approval to proceed with project execution
* Supports compliance element type and status, reviews Project team documents for content, quality, consistency, documents/artifacts for showing compliance, and reviews/submits final plan completion report
* Demonstrates compliance completely and accurately, addresses the appropriate subjects and questions, with high quality, consistent with the overall certification plan for the project, and consistent with templates and practices established
* Review and validate engineering estimates for programs (pre-pricing review) to assure both adequate definition of scope and adequate/appropriate resources identified to accomplish scope
* Provide training and mentoring to relevant engineering teams
* In order to consistently execute the primary responsibility, the office is also expected to:
* Build a highly collaborative and rewarding environment/relationship with the Project COEs, supporting COEs, internal ODA group, and external regulators, and represent the projects as Applicant
* Understand the ODA and TSO manuals, interpretations, and how they apply to projects (all
Standardize and simplify processes
Maintain relationship with FAA/ODA
YOU MUST HAVE
* BS in Mechanical, Electrical, or Aerospace Engineering or equivalent.
* Minimum of 8 (Eight) years experience in the design and application of Aerospace products
* Experience in defining/decomposing high level system requirements into subsystem and/or component requirements
* Experience certifying Products and associated hardware/software that includes DO-160, DO-178B/C, and DO-254 environments desired. Includes object oriented software code
* Due to export restrictions must be US Citizen or lawful permanent resident
* Experience in software quality assurance to DO-178B processes & standards
* Experience in all phases of software development, particularly in planning phases / SOI 1
* Experience in team / technical leadership preferred
* Familiar with concepts/architecture to support reusable software
* C++ SW programming experience
* Model Based Development Experience
* Demonstrated ability to work constructively and cooperatively in a matrix environment supporting
* History of building positive working environments, strong teams, peer group and customer respect
* Demonstrated leadership capability and skills including planning, risk assessment, problem
* solving, decision making
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen, permanent resident or have protected status.
Honeywell Aerospace Overview
* Relocation Provided
* Some Travel Required
* 1st Shift
* Job ID: HRD8747
* Category: Engineering
* Location: USA-Phoenix-111 S 34th St. USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.