9 months ago
Sr. Ceramic Matrix Composites (CMC) Engineer
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 55369BR Date posted 10/18/City Santa Fe Springs
We have an immediate opening for a Sr. Ceramic Matrix Composites (CMC) Engineer in Santa Fe Springs, CA.
This position is for highly experienced and seasoned engineers with a Bachelor degree or mid-level engineers with a Master degree.
You should be capable of managing large projects and/or multiple tasks, as well as proposing, defining and implementing new projects.
You are expected to be capable of foreseeing technical problems, proposing recommended fixes and carrying out those recommendations within their authority level.
This position level is expected to impact business level objectives.
Develop improved CMC materials for high temperature applications and demonstrate material capability and compliance with customer requirements (Performance and strength).
Work with internal customers to formalize process recipe and requirements for production of Ceramic Matrix Composites (CMC) using Chemical Vapor Infiltration (CVI) process.
Create and maintain Engineering specifications and drawings for production and Engineering parts.
Provide engineering support for all related process and plant equipment as well as assessment of deviations on product performance.
This includes furnaces systems, steam vacuum systems, boilers and cooling towers.
Ensure Process Safety Management (PSM) compliance is maintained for covered processes.
Participate in PSM activities on a regular basis.
Lead process improvement and cost reduction activities.
* Experience or knowledge with Ceramic Matrix Composites (CMC) and Chemical Vapor Deposition (CVD) process
* 7+ years of manufacturing and/or development engineering experience
* Experience with composite layup and characterization
• Must be able to verify U.S. Person Status as defined by International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
* Utilize Lean and Six Sigma tools for Continuous Process Improvement activities
* Maintain responsibility and accountability for entire tasks and projects.
* Prioritize tasks without losing progress on lower-priority items for self and supporting personnel.
* Address complex problems with multiple variables and unknown solutions using a clear, well thought out logical approach in the proposed solutions
* Work as a team member with limited supervision
* Work and interact with all Operations crews and technicians on a daily basis.
* Perform self-evaluations of completed work and exercise judgment.
* Demonstrate high level of self-initiative and a bias for action.
Must be able to verify U.S. Person Status as defined by International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
Education: Four Year Engineering Degree, preferred in CHE, ME, Material Science, or Composites
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.