7 months ago
Requisition ID: 9152
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Sr Buying Specialist to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Responsible for purchasing a wide variety of supplies or services while ensuring cost effective and on time material availability. Evaluates bids, selects and recommends suppliers and negotiates prices, delivery, quality and service for goods and services required for business purposes.
* Works independently and applies advanced procurement concepts and principles to work assignments.
* Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems. May refer to established guidelines and practices.
* Exerts some influence on the overall objectives and long-range goals of the organization.
* May act as a Lead and train new incumbents to Buyer role.
* Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
* Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
* Networks with internal and external personnel to acheive optimal solutions.
* Manages a complex variety of materials, supplies and services. Evaluates bids, selects and recommends suppliers and negotiates prices, delivery, quality and service. Follows up on all awards until completion of order.
* May assist or lead in negotiations for major purchases by developing or compiling statistical information and gathering other data as required.
* Negotiates and settles with suppliers regarding rejections, losses, return of materials, over shipments, cancellations and engineering changes.
* Conducts supplier site visits and rates them as to their production capability, performance and delivery.
* Confers with suppliers and analyzes supplier's operations to determine factors that affect competitive total cost of ownership consistent with quality, reliability, and ability to meet required schedules. Compiles and analyzes statistical data to determine feasibility of buying products and to establish price objectives.
* Represents organization as a prime contact on contracts or projects. Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
* Compiles information from periodicals, internet sources, catalogs, and other sources to keep informed on price trends and manufacturing processes.
* Utilizes MRP system and processes to manage the outcome for assigned commodity types.
* Interfaces with the accounting department as required to resolve questions on supplier invoices with increased complexity.
* Responsible for maintaining required training and certifications as applicable.
* Responsible to manage and prioritize workload to achieve business goals.
* Normally receives little instruction on day to day work, general instructions on new assignments. Participates in determining objectives of assignment. Plans schedules and arranges own activities in accomplishing objectives. Work is reviewed upon completion.
* May lead the preparation and execution of procurements in support of US Government contracts IAW federal regulation and corporate policy and in partnership with internal procurement compliance focals.
* May be involved in procurements requiring Truth in Negotiations Act (TINA)/Cost Accounting System (CAS).
* Demonstrates proficiency, accuracy and consistency if preparing documentation at or above the micro-purchasing level.
* Maintains 100% performance in US Government documentation as measured by internal audit and external agency audit.
* May participate in appropriate professional organizations to stay abreast of regulatory changes and best in class techniques and approaches to implement. Successfully complete required internal coursework and external training and/or certification.
* Individual job duties may vary.
Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of a degree six years of related experience
US Citizenship or Permanent Residence is required. Candidate must have a minimum of 3 years of Supply Chain experience.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.