5 months ago
N2 Imaging Systems, recently acquired by UTC Aerospace Systems (UTAS), is an acknowledged leader in the design and manufacture of compact, low power, visible and infrared imaging systems used for soldier vision enhancement, targeting, and surveillance during day, night or low-visibility conditions. Our vertically integrated company, including operations and engineering staff are experienced veterans in providing low-power, lightweight solutions for capturing imagery across the spectrum. Our passion for supporting the Warfighter and their mission demands excellence in everything we do, from the talent we recruit to the highly-engineered systems we deliver. We value people, integrity, ideas and performance.
N2 is currently seeking a highly motivated, experienced Sr. Buyer to join our team working in a hands-on, collaborative environment.
1. Buying multiple commodity items spanning mechanical, electrical and optical products.
2. Manage external suppliers to achieve procurement targets on price, delivery and quality.
3. Work with various functional groups; including Production Planning, Engineering and Quality Assurance to ensure business goals are met.
4. Purchase material and services in support of operational and production requirements.
5. Establish and maintain effective communication with vendors relating to the organization’s quality, delivery, and price requirements.
6. Review/determine purchase requirements for production material (electronic components, electromechanical parts, injection molded parts, machine shop raw materials), obtain competitive quotes, and plan/execute purchase orders. Liaise with internal customers on required materials and services and translate program schedules into vendor forecast and master production schedule.
7. Procure capital equipment for the organization as needed.
8. Maintain accurate vendor/purchasing databases manually and electronically as required.
9. Communicate discrepancies and resolve disputes between vendors and the organization.
10. Monitor vendor cost competitiveness, lead-times, and on-time delivery performance.
11. Perform duties in compliance with applicable ISO 9001:2000 requirements, including supplier qualification
* US Persons required
* 10+ years equivalent related purchasing experience
* US Government procurement (FAR/DFAR) experience required
* Thorough knowledge of supply chain processes
* Demonstrate the ability to work well across functions and in high pressure situations; dealing with all levels of management
* Preferred experience with SAP
* Working knowledge of Excel
* Experience with MRP/ERP Systems
* Operational knowledge of FAR and Government Approved Procurement Systems
* Understanding of computerized information systems used in manufacturing applications
* Computer Skills: Proficient and accurate with word processing (Word), spreadsheets (Excel), MRP systems. Competency in utilizing the internet as a procurement tool.
* Ability to work under pressure and with deadlines, able to work with multiple priorities is a must
* Flexibility and willingness to deal with change and complexity is highly required
* Interpersonal skills, team-player, but able to work independently and with minimum guidance if necessary
* Positive thinking and "can do" attitude, self-starter, fast learner
* High degree of accuracy
* Well motivated, loyal, result driven
* Customer focused and quality oriented
* Good command of written and spoken English
* Must be a self-starter with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
* Skillfully talented to analyze and solve problems, gather data, compile information and prepare reports
* A high energy level, strong work orientation and well organized
* BA/BS in Supply Chain or related field w/ 5 yrs. experience preferred or 10+ years of related experience in lieu of education
* MS in relevant field a plus
* CPM certification is a plus
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.