12 months ago
Sr Applied Mechanical Design & Integration Engineer
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 52856BR Date posted 09/01/City Rockford
UTC Aerospace Systems (UTAS) is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products. ISR & Space Systems is a business unit within UTAS and our products reside in deep space, low earth orbit, undersea and on the ground. We are also a major supplier to international space programs. The ISR & Space Systems business has contributed to significant advances in ground, air, space and imaging technology for over 85 years.
Space System’s Rockford current equipment design and analysis responsibilities range from simple frames and general equipment enclosures through rotating machinery including generators and turbines. Our products operate in environments from beneath the ocean to deep-space.
Area of Expertise:
The incumbent will be responsible for the design, development and analysis of specific mechanical engineering problems including: linear as well as non-linear structural analysis structural analysis; fatigue and fracture analysis; dynamic mechanical analysis, and fluid – thermal analysis.
Qualification: Skills/ Qualifications
* Design Specification Review experience
* Develop test platform requirements from product performance requirements
* Project budgeting, scheduling (MS Project) and cost tracking experience
* Machine, mechanism and fixture design (rotary and linear)
* Instrumentation and Data Acquisition experience
* Torque, Flow, Temperature, Pressure, Voltage, Current, Load, etc.
* Total hardware Integration knowledge
* Coordinate mechanical, electrical, facility and unit under test performance
* Hydraulic power and load circuits
* Gas control systems
* High pressure nitrogen and helium systems
* Pneumatic systems
* Cognizant of Environmental Health & Safety standards
* Modeling (solid and 2-d design)
* Schematic creation and interpretation
* Qualification testing experience
* EMI, Vacuum, Thermal, Corona, Shock, Vibration, Environmental
* Supplier management from specification to procurement support to hardware delivery
* Ability to work with in-house and out-of-house labor for fabrication and implementation of test equipment
* National Instrument LabView familiarity is a plus
*Education / Certifications
BSME degree w/6–10+ years’ experience
MSME degree w/4–7+ years’ experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.