12 days ago
Sr Advisor Tech Ops
Post Begin Date
1 week ago(3/13/2019 9:00 AM)
We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Southwest Airlines. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
Responsible for thought leadership, and initiatives to improve performance in the Southwest Airlines Tech Ops departments, focused on areas including but not limited to; engagement strategy, regulatory management and change management. Works collaboratively across all Tech Ops Departments to ensure adequate communication and resources are in place to support the successful implementation of multiple complex initiatives and programs.
* Serves as a subject matter expert in the Tech Ops organization focused on highly complex operations projects & programs, applying recommendations for optimal methodologies and tools to solve the challenges. Serves as the leader assigned Tech Ops programs/projects when required.
* Provides advisory support to help shape the Tech Ops organization including associated program infrastructure
* Serves as an advisor or mentor to all levels of company leadership on Tech Ops program topics, and serves as an expert on operational processes and tools
* Formulates and communicates solutions and options for highly complex problems
* Supports the creation and communication of results from complex data analysis and models
* Partners with Senior Leadership and other Departments to lead programs in support of the Company's strategic plan. Viewed as a project/program leadership expert responsible for driving analysis, recommendations, decisions and delivery
* Identifies the most important opportunities and issues across Tech Ops departments to be addressed and drives leadership attention to those opportunities
* Defines and drives complex program plans for multiple, simultaneous, related projects or for a single highly complex project including scope, budget and schedule, and executes tasks defined in the program plan to achieve program goals using standard program and project management methodologies and practices
* Partners with resource managers, Business Partners and vendors to assemble a project Team and provide ongoing motivation to drive projects to completion by establishing and leading program and project governance processes
* Proactively monitors program risks, issues, and scope, ensuring the appropriate level of priority, visibility and escalation
* Leads and facilitates program meetings and presentations to Sr. Leadership, and synthesizes communication for all levels of Leadership, including C-level and Executive and Senior Vice President roles
* Engages, initiates and leads change leadership
* Provides thought leadership to program stakeholders and facilitates strategic decision making related to program objectives
* Builds trust and relationships; influences cross-functionally and across diverse teams
* Builds partnerships to collaborate and uses influence to gather Customer and business requirements and communicate effectively with all project Teams and support groups
* Oversee the cooperation and participation of operational departments in improvement initiatives and validates and helps develop business cases with Customers
* Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
* May perform other job duties as directed by Employee’s Leaders.
* High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required.
* Must be at least 18 years of age.
* Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
* Required, High School Diploma or GED
* Required, Bachelor's Degree
* Preferred, Advanced Degree
* Required, 12 years Program/Project Management, driving and delivering complex programs and projects
* Required, 10 years operational experience
* Required, 8 years experience leading strategy initiatives, including developing and implementing business strategy, strategic planning or management consulting
* Preferred, 2 years, airline experience
* Advanced, knowledge of program and project processes, problem management tools and procedures
* Advanced, knowledge of MX Project, Visio, MA Office Suite including SharePoint
* Advanced, knowledge of application impact on operational and business functions
* Strong financial acumen to interpret corporate financial analysis and financial statements
* Must be proficient at developing and articulating a coherent vision for the Southwest Airlines Operations Strategy
* Must be proficient at developing and articulating a logical, clear roadmap for achieving that vision
* Must be proficient at identifying and articulating the most important opportunities and issues across the operations that the Operations Strategy & Planning Team can provide resources to address
* Must be proficient at advising and mentoring all levels of company leadership on operations program topics
* Must have the ability to quickly learn new business areas and become an effective problem solver in that space
* Must be proficient in building trust with all levels of Employees up to and including functional leaders, including ability to properly manage highly sensitive and confidential information
* Strong Customer Service and Team orientation
* Maintains composure under pressure and accurately assesses problem situations
* Communicates effectively, both verbally and written, at all levels including both informal and formal
* Must have the ability to assume a high level of responsibility and, at times, independence
* Must have the ability to drive large business initiatives from concept to completion
* Properly manage highly sensitive and confidential information
* Must have the ability to identify the right people for the job and provide on-going coaching to ensure strong Teams
* Travel based on Department needs.
* May require extended work hours per the Leader's request.
* Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
* Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines.
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Refer a FriendRefer
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us through our Talent Communities.
Interested in this career opportunity?