8 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Today, the fully integrated landing systems we design, test and manufacture help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely. But we aren’t satisfied with today’s success. Our global Landing Systems team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
Responsible for driving process excellence in the areas of systemic supply based product non-conformance, using escape reduction tools such as Zero Defect Plan (ZDP™), UPPAP, and other continuous improvement tools. Fact based and data driven metric development and deployment in order to provide evidence of supply-based product quality process improvement.
Ensure supplier capability and execution of all requirements for work transfer and process change management, including Resourcing Gate and Production Part Approval Process (UPPAP) acceptance.
* Enforce deployment of UPPAP, Zero Defect Plan, and Work Transfer Activities in the supply base
* Develop, maintain, and manage quality metrics deliverables as required to achieve results linked to business and quality objectives
* Plan, coordinate, and present quality reviews (corrective action board, management review and other periodic quality focused meetings, as required
* Liaison between UTAS Central Supplier Quality function and the Landing Systems’ Supplier Quality team; coordinate requirements and ensure compliance
* Interface with suppliers and supply management in order to communicate, deploy and achieve quality performance excellence through process management, lean and Six Sigma initiatives.
* Maintain appropriate relationships with all customers and facilitate the successful accomplishment of business objectives
* Mobile, traveling 80% of time
* Bachelor’s Degree AND 5 years’ related experience OR Master's degree with 3 years related experience (ie. Supplier Development, Quality Assurance, or Continuous improvement).
* Position requires availability to travel approximately 80% of the time, including international travel.
* Must be able to verify U.S. Person Status as defined by International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
* Aerospace experience strongly preferred.
* Highly skilled with advanced experience in Quality Sciences ASQ CQE preferred.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Bachelor’s OR Master’s Degree
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.