6 months ago
Keyword: Specialist, Legal
Request Number: LEG
Number of positions to fill: 1
Location: Longueuil (Quebec)
Organisational Unit: 1043-ITC General
Division: Legal Services
Sector: Legal Services
Posting Start Date: 2018-05-28
Organization Profile: Pratt & Whitney Canada is one of the world’s leaders in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines powering commercial and regional airplanes, as well as general aviation aircraft and helicopters. Our strong reputation for highly skilled personnel (10,000 employees across the globe), our reliable engines and our exceptional aftermarket support service network attract customers from all over the world (over 190 countries).
General responsibilities of the position: Legal Services Export Compliance (LSEC) provides strategic guidance on export and import compliance issues, leads the development of centralized compliance systems, facilitates the implementation of compliant business processes, oversees licensing activity and is responsible for compliance investigations and enforcement.
If you share our passion for excellence, quality and performance, we invite you to apply for the position of legal specialist.
By joining our Export Controls team, you will be based in Longueuil.
Specific responsibilities of position: - Draw up export compliance requirements based on interpretations of American and Canadian legislation;
- Collaborate with the divisions’ internal customers to design and implement operational and compliance systems (including computer systems);
- Work with the International Trade Compliance service and internal customers to resolve classification/interpretation issues in terms of exports;
- Carry out his or her duties within multidisciplinary teams and participate in the development of standard work and processes, as well as supporting strategic compliance initiatives;
- Confirm the adequacy of export compliance controls within the operational and IT systems.
Qualifications required: - Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of five years’ experience, preferably in international trade compliance in a large company;
- Master’s degree in business administration (asset);
- Member of the Bar (asset);
- Knowledge of Canadian trade regulations as well as the requirements for export, re-export and transfers in accordance with US International Traffic and Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (asset);
- Bilingual (English and French);
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint);
- Influential leadership, thorough and organized in his or her work.
Field of studies: Legal
Additional Information: Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment
P&WC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any legally-protected factors.