7 months ago
Responsible for the effective administration of company and departmental policies and procedures and ensure compliance with all State and Federal laws as it relates to FMLA, ADA, Temporary Disability Insurance (TDI), Long Term Disability (LTD) and other
leave of absence issues.
* Interpretation and administration of leave programs and policies in accordance with applicable federal and state laws (FMLA, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, ADA, TDI, LTD, etc.) also taking into consideration the provision of the various collective bargaining
* Serves as the subject matter expert for leave program under the general direction and guidance of HR leadership and consultation from the legal department.
* Works closely with managers, internal investigators, employee relations and labor relations to identify, research and resolve matters of alleged leave claim fraud activity
* Acts as a liaison between vendors, employee relations, managers, labor relations, union, and employees
* Independently reviews leave cases and validates whether they should be approved and/or denied based on relevant medical information.
* Works with employees to ensure that all relevant completed medical documentation is submitted for timely review.
* Monitors and maintains appropriate contact with all managers and employees on leave to ensure timely return to work
* Educates employees and help them navigate the various leave options based on employee’s collective bargaining agreement (if any) and educates them on benefits and impact to pay
* Recommends procedure, policy, manual and training enhancements based on knowledge and feedback from stakeholders
* Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information; ensures compliance with HIPAA
* Monitors salary continuance/input for leave of absence claims
* Manages time sensitive medical documentation to ensure timely responses and follow ups
* Assists with internal and external audits as needed
* Attends hearings/depositions as necessary
* Makes decisions on reasonable accommodations and engages in interactive process
* Provides mentoring, coaching, direction, support and guidance to Leave Coordinator
* Participates in special projects as needed
* Associate’s degree, or equivalent combination of work experience and education
* 2 years’ experience in Human Resources; 1 year in Leave Administration
* PC literate with advanced proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
* Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter, highly organized, detail-oriented, and accurate; proven success as someone with excellent follow through
* Proven ability to handle fast-paced environment and multiple priorities
* Must be able to regularly exercise discretion, handle conflict and be firm when required
* Must be willing to travel occasionally and work beyond regular hours, including holidays and weekends
* Ability to communicate effectively and work collaboratively with third party service providers and all levels of employees
* Bachelor's Degree
About Hawaiian Airlines
Hawaiian® has led all U.S. carriers in on-time performance for each of the past 14 yearsas reported by the U.S. Department of Transportation. Consumer surveys by Condé Nast Traveler, Travel + Leisure and TripAdvisor have placed Hawaiian among
the top of all domestic airlines serving Hawai‘i.
Now in its 89th year of continuous service, Hawaiian is Hawai‘i’s biggest and longest-serving airline. Hawaiian offers non-stop service to Hawai‘i from more U.S. gateway cities (11) than any other airline, along with service from Japan, South Korea, China,
Australia, New Zealand, American Samoa and Tahiti. Hawaiian also provides approximately 170 jet flights daily between the Hawaiian Islands, with a total of more than 250 daily flights system-wide.
Hawaiian Airlines, Inc. is a subsidiary of Hawaiian Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: HA). Additional information is available at HawaiianAirlines.com. Follow Hawaiian’s Twitter updates (@HawaiianAir), become a fan on Facebook (Hawaiian Airlines), and follow us on
Instagram (hawaiianairlines). For career postings and updates, follow Hawaiian’s LinkedIn page.
For media inquiries, please visit Hawaiian Airlines’ online newsroom.
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
Send This Job to a Friend