3 months ago
The Asset Specialist is part of a team responsible for supporting all Desktop and Mainframe IT inventory, including logistics support to ensure our customers receive their requested IT Assets. This position must operate with integrity and strive to keep our department in compliance with our internal Asset Management policy.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
* The Asset Specialist has the important task of interfacing with associates from across the organization; from Project Managers and internal Technicians to airport Station Managers and other TDC associates, via email and/or telephone to fulfill IT equipment requests.
* Perform standardized receiving function for all inbound IT assets and peripherals.
* Perform standardized Shipping procedures utilizing our internal aircraft (IPK solution), external vendors such as FedEx (Ground and Air) and also International Freight Forwarders.
* Additional general warehouse duties include loading and unloading delicate equipment, maintaining a clean and orderly warehouse following the 5S Lean principles, and packing and labeling product to prepare for shipments.
* Must be willing to operate a forklift as well as driving a company-owned delivery van to load and transport assets from one location to another. A clean driving record is required.
* Must have ability to lift and move 50 pound boxes.
* Perform accurate data entry and asset tracking of various IT items, utilizing the company database to record asset information and retrieve work orders.
* Maintain inventory and ensure all shipments are entered and tracked via the Shipping Control in company database.
Job Description (Continued)
* Monitor and manage system work queues to ship replacement devices to requesting stations with a focus on accurately assigning the correct asset to the correct location using a comprehensive configuration platform.
* Assist desktop support with asset deployment by working closely to resolve asset-related issues by providing feedback and support as directed.
* Support Asset Warranty by working with our internal Bench Techs and the vendor to prepare and ship all RMA’s back for repair and then returning repaired assets to our inventory for re-deployment.
* Assist desktop support techs systemically and logistically when they have station set-up/move/adds/changes that require asset movement.
* Participate in meetings related to implementing new or improved TDC procedures as well as functioning safely on the job and following all company guidelines.
* Overall day-to-day light administrative and operational support for all functions of the warehouse.
* Some travel may be required.
* 1 year experience with inventory utilizing a form of inventory database software.
* 1 year experience in general warehouse environment with a focus on asset management.
* 1 year experience with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.), greater proficiency in Excel is a plus.
* Prior experience within an IT warehouse/environment is preferred.
* Must be physically fit and capable of safely lifting a 50 lb carton as well as do lots of walking, standing and heavy lifting.
* Strong customer service, communication and organization skills required.
* Must be a collaborative team player able to work independently and as part of an effective team.
* Possess valid driver's license and certifiable on a forklift.
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 17366
Nearest Major Market: Charlotte
Inventory, Mainframe, Database, Data Entry, Operations, Technology, Aviation, Administrative