2 months ago
The terms and conditions of this position are represented by the Professional Airline Flight Control Association Collective Bargaining Agreement.
The Specialist – Flight Planning Support (FPS) provides 24-hour flight planning, NOTAM and navigation support services for American Airlines and other contracted customers. Is a member of a team of PAFCA represented operations specialists responsible for maintaining the company's flight planning, NOTAM and support databases. Ensures efficiency in database operations through continuous database optimization efforts. On a daily basis creates optimized routes for trans-Atlantic and trans-Pacific flights. Maintains flight plan routings and other database tables for city pairs served by American Airlines and contract carriers. Reviews and edits NOTAMs for their impact on American Airlines flight operations. Provides interface with departments inside and outside the company as necessary, including Air Traffic Service Providers, Database Suppliers and Navigation Service customers.
* High school diploma or GED.
* Associate degree or higher in Science, Aviation or Computer Science preferred.
* Current licensed airman with FAA Flight Dispatcher, Pilot, Navigator or Air Traffic Control license or military/operational equivalent.
* Knowledge of flight planning or advanced navigation techniques preferred
* Must be able to read, write, fluently speak and understand the English language
* Have a minimum of three (3) years recent experience working in a flight operations environment for an air carrier, large corporate or military entity.
* Familiarity with EUROCONTROL IFPS, CFMU, and RAD preferred.
* Basic knowledge of Jeppesen Jetplan flight planning engine preferred.
* Experience with ICAO NOTAM and government aeronautical publications preferred.
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 19579
Nearest Major Market: Fort Worth
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Computer Science, Database, Technology, Aviation