12 months ago
We at ISR & Space Systems – Pomona are world leaders in Biological and Chemical Detection Systems employed by the U.S. Military, NASA, and Department of Homeland Defense to assure personnel safety on space, ground, and undersea platforms. Our passion for supporting the men and women who protect our country and support our mission in space demands excellence in everything we do, from the talent we recruit to the highly-engineered systems we deliver. We value people, integrity, ideas and performance. Come join us today!
The Contracts Specialist analyzes and negotiates changes to new and existing government contracts. In this role you will: ensure company compliance with customer contract provisions and US Government FAR and DFAR regulations. You will provide contracts leadership in developing and implementing consistent policies, procedures and controls during the customer contract lifecycle.
As well as, develop pricing strategies and contract terms, assuring UTC Aerospace Systems financial goals and customer expectations are met. The Contracts Specialist will recommend solutions to management during customer negotiations.
Contract Specialist essential responsibilities will manage all contract actions which include:
• Drafting non-disclosure agreements, administering existing contracts, analyzing and negotiating claims and settlements; supporting audits and liaising with both internal/external customers.
• Conducting contract negotiations within the limits of corporate policies.
• Evaluating, developing and providing recommended Terms and Conditions (T&Cs) for individual contracts; tailoring T&Cs for uniqueness of individual pursuits; coordinating the tailoring with UTAS supervisors and justifying suggested deviations from UTAS standard T&Cs. - supporting proposal reviews when assigned.
• Analyzing contracts received from the government and industry primes; identifying points of negotiation.
• Providing contract advice and working with various functional areas (i.e. Legal, Business Development, Program Management, Engineering, Finance, Supply Chain etc.) in support of proposals, agreements and other activities as required.
• Providing complete contract life-cycle activities including contract kick-off, management, administration and termination activities in accordance with UTAS Contracts standard work instructions.
• Coordinating with government and industry counterparts to establish professional working relationships which facilitate successful negotiations and exchange of information.
• Working with the International Trade Compliance (ITC) Department, and others, to ensure strict compliance with applicable Import/Export Laws, as necessary.
• Assisting with the development, assessment and enforcement of payment terms, such as identifying qualifications for milestone payments and invoice approvals.
• Participating in and supporting ongoing assessment and improvement of standard work related to contracts and compliance policies and procedures.
• Conducting training on important contractual issues to raise business awareness and mitigate risks to the business as necessary and appropriate.
* Possess the ability to multi-task routine contract and proposal activities while responding to emerging requirement changes
• Excellent Oral and Written Communication Skills, including ability to convey complex ideas simply
* Draft and negotiate simple contractual agreements; e.g., Non-Disclosure Agreements
• Effective interpersonal skills and ability to develop relationships with customers (internal and external) at all levels of an organization
• Ability to prioritize and to work under pressure and within time constraints Strong organizational skills with ability multi-task in a fast paced environment
• Eligibility to gain access to program materials and products governed by ITAR requirements
* Aptitude to perform risk assessments on proposals, contract terms and conditions, potential business deals, and develop strategies to maximize achievement of program financial and performance goals while mitigating potential risks to the business
• ITAR experience a plus
• USG Contracts experience, and familiarity with FARS and DFARS a plus
• SAP experience a plus
* Self-sufficient in Microsoft Office products
U.S. Citizenship required.
Education: • BA/BS degree w/5–10+ years’ experience
• MA/MS degree w/4–7+ years’ experience
* CPCM certification preferred.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.