3 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
You probably never think about it, but the engines on an aircraft need to be housed in safe, aerodynamic structures called "nacelles." UTC Aerospace Systems Aerostructures business is a world leader in nacelle technology, which leads to better fuel efficiency, less engine noise and critical stopping power when the airplane lands. Today, our innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the world's newest and most game-changing airplane platforms.
The nature of our global business is complex, and we rely on our Legal, Contracts and Compliance (LCC) team to help us get the job done. As a valued partner in our business, the LCC team plays a key role in our company's success. Our LCC team members bring their passion, expertise and humor to everything they do, from safeguarding our employees' creative ideas to helping us maintain the highest standards of ethical behavior. Enjoy working with diverse groups? Want opportunities to grow your career at a fast-paced, global enterprise?
We are currently seeking a Contracts Specialist in Chula Vista, California.
* Program Letter management. Writing official program communication for various issues with the customer to communicate commercial, technical or program items with appropriate references to contract.
* Coordinate and track commercial assertions for milestone achievements, out-of-scope engineering, out-of-scope configuration changes, out-of-scope assembly/repair labor, various extra customer-directed tasks.
* Reconciliation of commercial items with the customer.
* Gathering, summarizing, and presenting the justification for commercial assertions to the customer.
* Coordination with Program Management, Engineering, and Cost Estimating group to establish commercial assertion amounts, engineering change pricing, parts pricing, etc.
* Manage the interface between company review meetings and customers and help resolve any matters affecting contract administration.
* Review and respond to Requests for Proposals (RFP's), Requests for Quotation (RFQ's)
* Ensure compliance to all contractual documents.
* Assess, interpret, and review documents and oversee compliance with the contractual obligations for components.
* Participate in meetings to ensure all involved departments understand the contractual requirements.
* Prepare monthly contract status/progress reports for in-house use and/or submittal to the customers.
* Contract Flow Downs to Program management, Finance, and Supply Chain.
* Submit monthly invoices, monitor receivables, and cash collections, and ensure payment from customers per the terms of all contracts.
* Support the operations team with communication to the customer for various activities such as delivery issues, shipping containers, customer supplied parts, etc.
* Manage customer delivery schedules to ensure operations and supply chain can meet the customer requirements.
* 5 years of experience in business operations related areas, such as project engineering, finance, contracts, or related
* Experience with MS PowerPoint, Word, Excel
* Aerospace industry experience
* Team Center experience
* SAP experience
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Bachelors degree required
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.