6 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Get onboard the UTC Aerospace Operations and Supply Chain team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. Operations and Supply Chain employees have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.
Seeking a dynamic individual and an effective leader, who will report directly to the Manager Commodity Management for Machining, to work within a highly metricized group in leading the overall Machining Commodity team within the UTAS Supply Chain Management organization.
This job will manage all core commodity management activities for Moderate Machining and Gears for the Electrical Systems business within UTAS. The Commodity Specialist should demonstrate an advanced understanding of the UTC aerospace business and play a key role in interfacing with the UTC internal and external customers to lead, coordinate, and implement strategic activities. This leader represents and works directly with upper management and supervises a team of supply chain professionals. The highly motivated team player filling this position will have the opportunity to network with program management, module centers, spares management, executive management and the external supply base at large. Familiarity with Standard Roll and PPV is a must.
* Mentoring and supervising supply chain aspects associated within their work group, and working assigned additional procurement responsibilities, as needed.
* Delegating, empowering, and developing team members, creation and communication of part family SSRB, successful negotiation of long term agreements, execution of commodity savings plan, and escalated expediting as required.
* Negotiating and executing forward stocking locations with identified suppliers.
Understanding and meeting the stringent cost and performance targets of the organization.
* Focusing on LTA Penetration, LCS Penetration, Supplier Aggregation, Supplier Performance, Employee Development and overall Cost Reduction.
* Communicating with executive management and other key stakeholders to resolve problems and provide strategic solutions.
* Ensuring coordination and alignment with the overall objectives and activities of UTC strategies for the same commodities.
Qualification: Basic Qualification:
* 2+ years of experience in Supply Chain/Quality/ Procurement /Supplier Consultation/Operations environment, and supporting professional/academic qualification
* Prior team leadership experience
* Supply Chain systems experience with JDE, SAP, and analytical experience is highly preferred
* Proficiency and experience with MS Excel, PowerPoint and databases is also preferred.
* Strong analytical and negotiation skills
* Project management preferred
* Ability to be self-motivated and highly organized
* Effective written and oral communication skills
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Travel 20%
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Bachelor’s in Operations, Supply Chain, Engineering, or Business-related discipline required
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.