3 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Want to be part of a finance team where every day is unique and exciting? Are you ready to analyze a diverse set of products that really make a difference? If so, then UTC Aerospace Systems is the place for you! By joining us, you'll have the opportunity to support thousands of aerospace, defense and space systems across more than 150 sites in 26 countries. Additionally, as UTC Aerospace Systems is a subsidiary of United Technologies Corporation (Fortune 50), it operates as its own business with its own reporting structure, financial dashboards and earnings metrics. This reporting relationship allows finance team members to implement innovative tools for the aerospace market in a stand-alone business environment. If you want to advance your career while contributing to a mission that truly makes a difference to modern flight and space advancements, then this team is right for you!
The Specialist, Financial Planning & Analysis supports the Air Management Systems business unit across the full breadth of their activities, providing accurate financial information, plus detailed tactical and strategic support, on a wide variety of topics.
* Management and forecasting of AMS financials, ensuring the accuracy of line items such as company and customer funded engineering, warranty, loss provision, production sales, and cost.
* In addition to the financials, the role supports passport programs, contract reviews, policy deployment, and strategic roadmap for the business.
* Support external audit requests and conduct internal accounting control testing including labor floor audits and Sarbanes Oxley.
* Support month-end close through journal entries, validation of actuals, preparation of various P&L and Balance Sheet forecasts.
* Direct involvement in the root cause analysis and corrective actions for process improvement opportunities.
* Direct involvement presenting data to management for profit assurance, annual and long-range planning, and other initiatives.
* Ad hoc analysis, tracking, measuring, reporting based on the needs of the AMS organization.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Ability to communicate effectively will all levels of management
* Ability to perform well under pressure and meet deadlines.
* Self-motivated and results driven
* SAP is our financial ERP system (required)
* Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) for financial reporting
* 5 years experience in accounting or financial reporting
* Proficient in Microsoft products, primarily MS Excel
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Bachelors of Science in Accounting or Finance
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.