4 months ago
* • Operating equipment involving robots, PLC controls, painting, and metal finishing
* • Loading and unloading of equipment to meet production and quality requirements
* • Proper and efficient material handling to ensure product traceability
* • Monitoring equipment and recording data to document the manufacturing process
* • Troubleshooting of manufacturing anomalies relating to equipment operation, productivity, and quality
* • Performing autonomous maintenance as required to meet maintenance schedules
* • Adhering to housekeeping standards for the area
* • Contributing to the continuous improvement process by submitting ideas and supporting projects to improve safety, delivery, cost, and quality
* • Following procedures administered by safety, quality, and engineering
* • Training co-workers in proper equipment operation and maintenance procedures
* • Perform other related duties as required
* • High school diploma/GED
* • Three to five years experience in a production/manufacturing environment
* • Experience preferred in metal-finishing (anodization preferred) and/or painting with a preference in a production environment
* • Aerospace experience desired
* • Basic computer skills
* • Mechanical aptitude and ability to learn technical information
* • Problem solving and troubleshooting ability
* • Ability to perform in a team oriented environment
* • vocal communication, hearing, and visual acuity are required for safety, direction, and the exchange of ideas in the industrial environment
* • subjected to inside environmental conditions, noise, vibration, oils, and other related industrial hazards
* • work in confined spaces and wear a respirator and/or self-contained breathing apparatus
* • will be exposed to and handle hazardous wastes as defined in 40 CFR 261.3
* • perform manual labor requiring climbing, balancing, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 50 pounds regularly
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. As a partner to 30 airframers working in the fields of commercial, regional, business and military transport, the company provides support to 27,000 aircraft completing more than 54,000 landings a day.