11 months ago
Spec, Prod & Proc Quality
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 42241BR Date posted 01/27/City Windsor Locks
Country United States
United Technologies Aerospace Systems (UTAS) is among the largest global suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and industrial products. We design and manufacture aerospace systems for commercial, regional, corporate and military aircraft and are a major supplier for international space programs. The Customer Service organization provides complete aftermarket solutions for Military and Commercial products, which includes; spare parts and LRU's (Line Replaceable Units), upgrades, retrofits, repairs, Performance Based Logistic (PBL) Programs for US and Foreign Military and Commercial platforms.
The Customer Service organization is seeking a quality professional to work on a variety of initiatives in support of quality performance initiatives. The position will be responsible for interaction with internal sites and supplier facing actions. This includes the analysis of data and input to drive improvement actions. Responsible within Customer Service Quality for generation and coordination of presentations and other materials in support of UTAS and Customer requests as required. Support efforts to continue our standard operating system (ACE) and quality culture initiatives.
* Analyze data and recommend improvements to internal department, UTAS CS sites, and suppliers based on audits results, escape activity, and other relevant quality performance measures
* Flow down and coach suppliers and sites on QMS and regulatory requirements
* Perform audits at internal UTAS sites and external providers to ensure compliance to industry, customer, and regulatory requirements
* 3 to 5 years relevant experience the aviation industry
* MRO experience preferred
* Understanding of various Civil Aviation Regulations (FAA, EASA, CAAC, etc.)
* Understanding of auditing requirements to industry and regulatory requirements
* Strong communications and interpersonal skills
* Good analytical skills to develop, monitor, and interpret key metrics and business indicators, as well as develop and execute solutions to noted issues
* Must have excellent organizational skills, able to work independently, and operate across organizational levels
* Computer skills- Proficiency in Word, Power Point, Excel, Access, Project
* Practical CI /ACE / Six Sigma experience a plus
* Experience with SAP and other IT Quality system a plus
Education: Bachelors in Technical or Business related field required with 4-6 years of progressive experience in quality, engineering, and/or business analytics.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.