7 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Do you want to be a part of a global business, creating innovative solutions for the aerospace industry’s biggest customers? This is the core of what we do in the Electric, Environmental & Engine Systems (ES) business. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in-flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, ES focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
The purpose of this position is to provide technical solutions and assistance to existing and potential customers and distributors with particular emphasis on the growth of Spray Drying range of Delavan branded products.
* To provide application solutions and assistance to customer queries and generate new business from the spray drying range of products
* To make effective use of Customer Relationship Management system to log and detail customer information.
* To provide a pro-active approach to the retention of customers and development of new customers.
* To ensure customers and new business commitments are managed progressed and communicated as and when required to ensure customer satisfaction is maintained.
* To respond to any customer inquiries in a professional and competent manner for all business including growth initiatives including the development of new customers for Food and Non-Food spray dry users.
* Responsible for several components of design and application support for both small and complex projects from customer to proposals utilizing standard UTC work protocols
* Contributes to the business and team by applying their knowledge of spray dry applications, technically with fluid dynamics and atomization
* Fully developed professional able to work without direct guidance or direction from others and maintaining extensive files on products and applications for distribution to the team
* Has in-depth industry experience with Spray Dray equipment and nozzle applications working with diverse team globally
* General computer competencies including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint) to support reports and standard new product introduction and Policy Deployment
* Engineering Certification and/or experience
* Working knowledge of SAP
* Fabrication or Machining experience with CNC businesses
* Worked for OEM (GEA, Tetrapak..etc) or End User (Nestle, Abbott..etc)
* 50% Domestic Travel (10% of which includes Global)
* Meet and work onsite with Industrial equipment (with loud machines, hot/cold temperatures, etc.)
* 5% Weekend work to include some travel in support of industry conferences
* EH&S requirements to include proper PPE to meet site requirements
* Located in West Des Moines or the Midwest States to support a large customer base
* Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Bachelors of Science degree from a four-year university required; advanced Engineering degree preferred.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.