10 months ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging. Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Sourcing Specialist is responsible for activities related to suppliers and ensuring integrity (purchase order fulfillment). They will also be responsible for mitigating risk within suppliers and supplier readiness. In this role, you will guarantee purchase order acknowledgment, on time delivery, performance monitoring, customer impact avoidance and delinquency level reduction.
* Interact with suppliers in order to achieve purchase document acknowledgment
* Monitor and expedite suppliers' deliveries to guarantee on time delivery
* Coordinate with Avio Aero counterparts at Avio's facility in Italy
* Evaluate current demand and eventual pull-in and work with suppliers to meet business needs
* Support the buyer regarding supplier selection and supply chain robustness
* Address any manufacturing problem at supplier's facility that might affect deliveries involving and supporting proper GE functions and making sure strong recovery action plans are put in place and executed
* Perform periodical analysis in order to reduce supplier delinquency level
* Monitor supplier web portals to ensure correct utilization
* Cooperate with the commodity buyers, supplier quality focal point and other sourcing specialists
* Manage proper tools such as purchase order coverage, LOB in order to avoid customer impact
* Contribute to a lean supply chain
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited University or College (or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in a supply chain or manufacturing / sourcing role)
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in a Supply Chain, Manufacturing and / or Sourcing role
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT :
* Fluency in the reading and writing of the Italian and English languages
* Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
* Effective problem identification and solution skills
* Proven analytical and organizational ability
* Attitude to work in a matrix organization
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Attitude to work in a cross-functional teamwork environment
* Previous experience in materials planning with foreign Suppliers constitute a base to candidate
* PC proficiency
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Locations: United States; New Jersey; Englewood Cliffs
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.