7 months ago
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging. Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
At GE, We are always searching for great talent. While we might not have a specific job for you today, we want to know about you when we do. As actual openings become available, you may be contacted to discuss a potential opportunity.
The Sourcing Casting & Forgings Value Engr / Quality Engr will demonstrate accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives.
In the role of Sourcing Casting & Forgings Value Engr / Quality Engr, you will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within functional area(s) of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy while also driving quality for assigned suppliers use your understanding of purchasing and sourcing concepts and principles in order to help drive supplier performance
In addition, the Sourcing Casting & Forgings Value Engr / Quality Engr will :
* Includes Value Engineering, Supplier Quality Assurance and Supplier Quality Development
* Includes supplier qualifications, action plans, audits, performance monitoring, and assisting key suppliers towards industrial standards of excellence
* SQEs have various levels of differentiation which are related to level of technical understanding of engineering drawings and ability to manage vendors
* Negotiate the best commercial and technical package for procurement requirements
* Work with allocated key suppliers to improve On Time Delivery and Quality statistics to target levels
* Communicates across direct organization
* Presents to senior leaders (EB and SEB) in specific purchasing space and on cross functional teams on how purchasing contributes to overall strategy
* Assists in the continuous development of the Procurement function towards best practice
* Identify and deliver value-adding opportunities from the supply chain
* Advises Functional managers or other Functions regarding approaches, processes and procedures within own field
* Has a role as a project leader of medium sized projects or is a major contributor to bigger projects
* Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Computer Science from an accredited university or college
* A minimum of 3 years of experience in Supplier Quality Engineering, engineering or technical specialist capacity
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Ability to influence others and lead small teams
* Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
* Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
* Effective problem identification and solution skills
* Proven analytical and organizational ability
* Product Cost- Provide cost estimates and cost reduction ideas
* Demonstrated ability to lead NPI efforts to complete introduction in a timely manner: document, plan, market and manage programs that further the knowledge, understanding and capability of the business
* Problem analysis and resolution skills
* Demonstrated leadership in defining the state of the art in at least one technical specialty, along with the ability to teach and set standard practices within this field
* Demonstrated experience and knowledge of ring rolling and flash-weld ring processing and structural alloys
* Led major problem resolutions using quality tools (ie:Tops8d, Apollo)
* Demonstrated ability to make own technical decisions
* Competent in technical presentations: written and oral
* Mentors, consults and guides others in work group
* Provide training for new hires in your disciplines
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
Evendale, Ohio is the headquarters of GE Aviation & the largest GE Aviation facility. Today over 7,500 GE employees work in this Cincinnati suburb designing, developing, & manufacturing large commercial, military, marine & industrial engines. We enjoy a full service park which includes a golf course, soccer fields and much much more! As a GE Aviation employee you'll have access to special membership rates at the park. If you are looking for a workout close to work, visit the on-site Evendale Fitness Center. This user friendly workout facility includes an indoor track, Olympic size indoor pool, weight loss programs, weight training and more. Nearby Cincinnati is a three-state, 15-county region that offers world-class assets in arts and culture, amusements, hospitality, sports & recreation. It offers all of the amenities of a large, bustling metropolis while maintaining a friendly, small town atmosphere which makes the region a remarkably flexible location filled with a wealth of opportunities & options. Click here to learn more about Cincinnati and it's beautiful suburbs!
Locations: United States; Ohio; Evendale, Cincinnati
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.