3 months ago
The Boeing Company is currently seeking a mid-level Software Quality Engineer (SQE) (Level 3) to join the Boeing Defense, Space & Security organization in St. Louis, MO.
This is a dynamic, active role that requires an understanding of the big picture and the program environment in which you work. You will be part of a small group of highly motivated Engineers supporting a variety of avionics, weapons, and simulation projects for Phantom Works and production programs.
* Actively participate in project activities, gathering needed inputs about project issues, schedules, and plans, and keeping management informed of potential issues.
* Act as an independent set of eyes and ears for the program managers and the customer, highlighting potential best practices on the team, as well as identifying areas for improvement.
* Support product testing, Root Cause Corrective Actions (RCCAs), and defect prevention.
* Generate metrics and perform analysis.
* Participate in development of Supplier Statements of Work (SSOWs), and supplier oversight and evaluation throughout the supplier’s lifecycle.
To be successful in this role you will need to dig in and understand the products you support, and the tools and processes used by your teams. Additionally you should have a broad background that allows you to understand not only SQE and software development, processes and tools, but also our Quality Management System (QMS) and customer Quality requirements. Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills are critical for this role.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer
of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are
engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold
innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for
yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required):
* The ability to obtain an interim US Security clearance prior to starting
* Experience with the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
* Prior real-time software development experience
* Knowledge of Boeing Quality Management System (QMS)
* Familiarity with ISO 9100/9115
* Prior engineering experience
* Knowledge of aircraft and weapons products
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's
and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years'
experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate
of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering,
computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the
preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award