9 months ago
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
As part of the Sensors & Integrated Systems (SIS) team, you'll help develop the next generation of more intelligent, more integrated and more reliable solutions that enhance aircraft safety and performance in the most rigorous flight conditions. We have 100 years of experience, a phenomenal product portfolio, state-of-the-art test labs and the resources to make your ideas shine. Come soar with us.
The Embedded Software Supervisor is responsible for directly supervising hourly, exempt and/or nonexempt individual contributors, promoting and encouraging career development, understanding the development processes and tools, has a proven track record in execution and shall support the transition of embedded software individuals to the central software organization. This person assists in the development and management of budget, staffing and business and operations results. This role will report to the Senior Embedded Software Manager and will be based in Vergennes, Vermont.
* Work with Software Site Lead and Senior Embedded Software Manager to coordinate the resource allocation to help ensure success of each software project
* Work with IPT Leads to understand the milestones of a project and contribute to common reporting of every project
* Work with direct reports on personal career development, goal setting and performance reviews
* Drive the growth and maturation of software capabilities at the Vergennes Facility, and exploit the strength of the new ONE Software Organization
* Facilitate the successful completion of projects by understanding and enabling direct reports
* Work with Software Site Lead to promote and drive into the sites software organization such as: ALM, single process and common metrics
* Communicate and develop strong working relationship with our SIS India site
* Demonstrate leadership and accountable to our customers with knowledgeable participation and guidance in customer visits and audits
* Evolve the existing software system applications, test platforms, and architecture using the ACE (Achieving Competitive Excellence) tools
* Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead team members to their optimum performance levels and career development
* Exceptional oral and communication skills up and down the organization, strong organization skills and ability to manage multiple simultaneous efforts
* Minimum of 3 years of technical leadership experience in a DO-178B software development organization
* A record of successful delivery of software applications as an individual and/or technical leader
* US Person
Education: Required Educational Background:
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
Advanced degree in Engineering Management or Business Administration.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.