11 months ago
B/E Aerospace, a wholly owned subsidiary of Rockwell Collins Inc., is a leading manufacturer of aircraft interior products and solutions.
B/E’s Lighting & Integrated Systems offers a variety of solutions to business jet and commercial OEM’s as well as airlines directly. Major product lines include Interior Lighting, Exterior Lighting, Cabin Management System, Coax Cable & Trays, System Upgrade Provisions, Aerostructures & Interior Assemblies, Engineering, Design and Certification.
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a Software Engineering Co-op in our Lighting & Integrated Systems business located in Bohemia, NY
This position will have the opportunity to work with and learn from the Engineering team on groundbreaking designs for aircraft interiors. We are looking for a current student seeking real-world experience and opportunity.
* Work with software team to coordinate development of new software features and resolve issues.
* Work with cross functional design team to develop new and maintain existing embedded applications for controlling LED lighting systems and fixtures.
* Develop test applications for supporting all phases of development and verification of deliverable applications.
* Participate in software design and design reviews as part of the development team.
* Test and validate color mixing equations, algorithms, coefficients, etc. for LEDs to system and product specifications,
* Create and conduct algorithm assessments, characterization, testing and verification.
* Evaluate and apply new developments and technologies, develop and support new internal color software applications.
* Collaborate with hardware, operations, quality, test equipment and manufacturing engineers to define and implement manufacturing test procedures/processes.
* Supports engineers with analysis, testing and assessments.
* Supports engineering by developing requirements, producing and testing code, and providing the necessary documentation.
* Tests software designs and code at the unit and system level to ensure that all requirements are met and the highest software quality is achieved.
* Must be enrolled in an Engineering or Math degree program at an accredited institution, preferably Software or Computer Engineering. Junior year student or higher preferred.
* Experience (coursework acceptable) in C and Python. C# a plus.
* Experience (coursework acceptable) developing embedded software.
* Able to work full-time schedule during summers/breaks and part-time during semesters.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.