9 months ago
Requisition ID: 1465
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Software Engineer - Simulation Environments to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Become an integral part of the growing Government Systems (GS) Common Simulation Environments (CSE) organization! This position is located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. A comprehensive relocation package is provided for qualified candidates.
This strategic role will allow the ideal candidate to be part of nearly every Airborne Systems development program working on the next generation of simulation environments for Rockwell Collins products where development takes place in a collaborative teamwork environment. In this role, you will be part of nearly every Airborne Systems development program, and work in a fast-paced environment, involving multiple predominantly-short simultaneous assignments and a variety of development and test tools.
* Perform engineering functional leadership for all phases of an engineering software development project, work closely with program management, and interface with customers.
* Involved in the development, integration and testing of simulations for a variety of military avionics subsystems and platforms, in both existing and new applications.
* Work with internal and external customers in application development, integration and testing in virtual, test fixture, and system integration lab (SIL) environments. Customers are both foreign and domestic and include all branches of the armed services as well as civilian entities.
* Work on enhancements to the existing CSE simulation environment, and adapting and integrating with Commercial Systems VISTA and ACS simulation environments for new Government Systems Fusion platforms.
Project activities will focus on avionics bus, low-level hardware, and network interfaces, developing and/or modifying simulations using a combination of both software and table-driven IO approaches.
Candidates must have the following skills or qualifications:
* U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residence (Green Card) is required
* Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
* C / C++ programming experience
* Proficient with modern software development best practices and configuration management tools
* Ability to define, oversee, and direct the efforts of other engineers on a complete development project
* Excellence working in and leading a project team, establishing collaborative relationships with co-workers
* Energetic and proactive self-starter that builds sound, collaborative relationship
* Consistently produces superior results, keeping projects on schedule and within budget
* Strong contributor to a positive work environment
* Effective and easily-engaged communicator
Preferred requirements, but not required, with any of the following:
* Avionics bus networking and interfaces including ARINC 429 and Mil-Std-1553
* Data load protocols including ARINC 615A
* Usage of bus analysis tools
* Simulation experience
* Hardware / software interface debugging
* Proficiency with Qt and / or other GUI development frameworks
* Object Oriented Design (OOD) techniques
* Agile software development
* Visual Studio IDE, APEX, Subversion, JAMA, JIRA
* IP networking and protocols
* Python scripting
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.