24 days ago
Software Engineer, Senior Associate - Mission Systems
Business Unit Collins Aerospace
Req IDDate posted 08/23/City Sterling
Country/Region United States
United States of America
HVA34: Sterling, VA 22640 Davis Dr , Sterling, VA, USA
Senior Associate, Software Engineer - Mission Systems
We are currently searching for a Software Engineer to join our team in Sterling VA. Employing some of the most talented dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career while helping create and deliver communications integration and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins. A comprehensive relocation plan is available for qualified applicants. This software engineering position is within the Simulation & Training Solutions (STS) business area. STS develops and builds simulators and training systems for both military and commercial customers. Devices range in complexity from desktop training all the way up to high fidelity weapon system and full-flight training systems including full visual motion and simulator interoperability
* Assist in development detailed software specifications and provide accurate time estimates for the software development
* Design, develop, implement, test, and debug real time, multi-threaded, multiprocessing software applications and associated user interfaces
* Support and enhance existing software products as necessary.
* BA or BS degree in CS or Electrical Engineering required
* 0-5 years of experience with developing applications. .NET, WPF, C#, C++
* Experience troubleshooting complex systems
* Experience with software engineering concepts and the software development life cycle (requirements, design, implementation, test, support)
* Contributes to new business proposals and proposal development
* Problem Solver
* US Citizenship and ability to obtain a DOD security clearance.
* Must have experience managing customer relationships as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Must have a strong acumen for earned value management. Cost account management experience preferred.
* Ability to travel to customer sites 40% (Regional and International)
* Good written and oral communication skills
* Familiar with Linux development
* Scripting Languages (Python, Perl, etc.
* Source code control (SVN, Git, ClearCase etc.)
* Skilled in ALM tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Jama, Bamboo, Crucible.
If you're looking for an opportunity to join a fast paced team with opportunities for growth than this team could be the perfect fit for you. The Collins Aerospace team will allow you the opportunity to experience all facets of simulation work within an environment looking to innovate new processes/technology to better leverage the Government Systems market.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.