5 months ago
Requisition ID: 8897
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Software Engineer - Rail to join our team in New York, NY (IMS INC) (5210). Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
The Software Engineer will perform all phases of software engineering in a SCADA and Train control environment. It includes requirement analysis, design, development, code, unit test, system integration, and field installation.
* Perform software development.
* Work with and extend existing components to implement client requirements
* Participate in Requirement analysis and Design / Code reviews
* Assist with software testing and documentation.
* Handle documentation for procedures, training and enhancements.
* Participate on project teams to adapt AIM rail control system for new customers.
The ongoing goals for this position are as follows:
* Design new elements or changes in scope of project software.
* Maintain and enhance existing software baseline.
* Participate in code reviews and knowledge transfer.
* Interact with end customer on technical issues.
* Meet schedule deadlines and remain within budget.
* Follow and enforce engineering guidelines set in software development methodology.
* Contribute to team coding standards and monitor the code base for compliance.
* Ability to interact with customers and correctly interpret their needs and requirements.
* Establishes and maintains effective professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
* Experience working in software development, testing, and control systems
* Solid knowledge and hands-on experience with the following software development languages: C/C++, Java
* Knowledge and hands on experience with DBMS such as MS SQL or Oracle database
* Familiar with both Agile and Waterfall SDLC
* Experience with Requirements Analysis, Design, Development, Test, Implementation, and integration
* Experience with documentation
* Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
* Able to work independently and within a team
* Experience with SCADA Control Systems.
* Software Systems Integration.
* Enjoy problem solving and committed to delivering high-quality software.
* Interface with external data sources.
* A strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
* Experience with Enterprise Authentication.
* Experience with multi-threaded programming and practices.
* Positive attitude and eager to learn and improve.
* Cloud Based programming experience.
Education and Certification Required:
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineer, Electrical Engineering or other technical field.
* Master’s degree is preferred.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.